can some one clear this up for me,

Thread starter #1
why did we get a pen for triping, when they got a pen for diving ? (in the belfast game )

and

why is high sticks 2 mins when accidental high sticks is 2+2 ?

James

Administrator
devils2001uk said:
why did we get a pen for triping, when they got a pen for diving ? (in the belfast game )
You can be fouled and over exaggerate to ensure the penalty is called.

dave

devils2001uk said:

and

why is high sticks 2 mins when accidental high sticks is 2+2 ?
James has covered the first one.

2+2 is called when an injury has occured but deemed accidental.

Mark666

devils2001uk said:
Not that James is wrong... But if its Max's penalty from last night in particular I thought they were for separate incidents. Tripping by Max on the blue line (or not as it looked from where i was but there you go) and diving in the crease during the subsequent delayed penalty.

I didn't see who Max tripped but the guy who got binned defiantly milked some contact down by the goal mouth during the ensuing delayed penalty. Maybe James is right and he dived twice! If so he should consider a career in football.

James

Administrator
I think you are correct in this case Mark.

I suspect accidental high sticks carries a bigger penalty as it is more dangerous to be out of control with a stick than deliberately doing something whilst in control.

dave

TheStub said:
Accidental high stick is 2 min with an additional 2 min when there is blood.

Sorry stub but not correct. Accidental is always 2+2. Also blood is not the defining factor , it is any injury.

dave

530 - HIGH STICKING
a) A player who carries or holds his stick or any part of it above the height of his shoulders that
makes contact with an opponent shall be assessed, at the discretion of the Referee, a:
Minor penalty (2’)
or
Major penalty + Automatic Game Misconduct penalty (5’+GM)
or
Match penalty (MP)
b) A player who carries or holds his stick or any part of it above the height of the shoulders
that makes contact with an opponent and causes an injury with his stick or any
part of it to an opponent shall be assessed at the discretion of the Referee a:
Major penalty + Automatic Game Misconduct penalty (5’+GM)
or
Match penalty (MP)
c) However, if the high sticking action that caused the injury was judged accidental, the
offending player shall be assessed a:
Double Minor penalty (2’+2’)

Smyth and diving seemed a tad strange.

Diving involves a certain level of activity at a certain speed. I suspect he got the 2 minutes as that's how long it took him to get up. :twisted: