Cafe - Grazing Shed

So, night number 1 is in the books.

It didn’t go perfectly, we’ve definitely got stuff we WILL improve on. But I think we did a decent job seeing as we only got fully set up about an hour before doors opened. (I was still putting “feet” on fences at 4pm)

Aside from prices (because let’s be honest, I’ve heard it all before. And £8 for a cheeseburger of that quality, fries, and a refillable drink all night is NOT overpriced for a sports venue) any feedback would be amazing.

Thanks to everyone who came to visit the newest addition to the Shed family. :)
Hi JC23, wife and I had a lovely burger tonight and great service, although can I get confirmation on the drinks.

On the furthest right board it had a star by the tidy soda saying,

“On match nights, self service, no refills.” Yet you’ve said here they are refillable? Has this change since your statement or am I confusing if you just buy a drink and if you buy a buger and drink it’s different.

Otherwise great service, great product, this just confused me!

JC23

Hi JC23, wife and I had a lovely burger tonight and great service, although can I get confirmation on the drinks.

On the furthest right board it had a star by the tidy soda saying,

“On match nights, self service, no refills.” Yet you’ve said here they are refillable? Has this change since your statement or am I confusing if you just buy a drink and if you buy a buger and drink it’s different.

Otherwise great service, great product, this just confused me!
On match nights, they’re not supposed to be refillable, (changed after my previous post by the higher management) but we do know people will keep their cups and go back.

Really happy you guys had a good experience, I was really pleased with how tonight went.

Now it’s time for sleep, ready to do it all again tomorrow:

Hedd Wyn John

Bit silly having refillable drinks on some nights but not others. Even more so if you’re not enforcing it. More locations to get hot drinks would be nice. Heard a couple of newcomes confused by the BAR signs in the arena, they thought only drinks were served at those. Puttig large signs saying BAR + FOOD might be worth an idea.

Just a small gripe but I always get a hot chocolate from the machines in the cafe but halfway through the 1st break both were out of order so I went to the stand top of block 12 to get one. When I started to drink it it was horrible very weak but I needed the heat as it was freezing in there last night. When I finished I found that all the chocolate was solid at the bottom of the cup. I didn't see any stirrers although have to say I didn't look but would it take much effort for the staff to give it a stir before handing it over. By the way I wasn't the only one a father and daughter sat next to me had the same experience. Also have to say we'll done to the staff in the Grazing Shed queue was much smaller last night although that could be the smaller crowd size time will tell but looking good

Pondlife

Burger last night was great and a marked improvement on previous offerings. Top job @JC23 !

This is not a complaint, just an observation, but the left hand queue moves at twice the speed of the right hand one because of the position of the sales terminals. Service was speedy anyway.

Just a small gripe but I always get a hot chocolate from the machines in the cafe but halfway through the 1st break both were out of order so I went to the stand top of block 12 to get one. When I started to drink it it was horrible very weak but I needed the heat as it was freezing in there last night. When I finished I found that all the chocolate was solid at the bottom of the cup. I didn't see any stirrers although have to say I didn't look but would it take much effort for the staff to give it a stir before handing it over. By the way I wasn't the only one a father and daughter sat next to me had the same experience. Also have to say we'll done to the staff in the Grazing Shed queue was much smaller last night although that could be the smaller crowd size time will tell but looking good
I had exactly the same problem last night. Machine out of order so walked up to block 12 for my hot choc but it tasted like hot water. The bar staff should at least attempt to mix the product into the water before giving it out.

I’m hoping that hot drinks will also be available in the other corner bars in the future?

With regards to Grazing shed though...all good from me! Very tasty, and filling!

Foxy

I had exactly the same problem last night. Machine out of order so walked up to block 12 for my hot choc but it tasted like hot water. The bar staff should at least attempt to mix the product into the water before giving it out.

I’m hoping that hot drinks will also be available in the other corner bars in the future?

With regards to Grazing shed though...all good from me! Very tasty, and filling!
Hot drinks are on sale in all corner bars already

JC23

Burger last night was great and a marked improvement on previous offerings. Top job @JC23 !

This is not a complaint, just an observation, but the left hand queue moves at twice the speed of the right hand one because of the position of the sales terminals. Service was speedy anyway.
We’ve actually spent some time tonight after closing down looking at where the queues run, hopefully making things a little more fluid with regards to queuing.

Also, both last night and tonight, I roped my girlfriend into working for us (poor thing, she’s been in her real job all week too, then does 20 hours for us this weekend also) who’s never used our till system or even worked in a restaurant before. So that may have added to the slight delay.

Thought the queues seemed much better this weekend but one thing I think needs looking at is the area around the hot drinks/cold drinks and snacks machines tends to get really bad with people coming away from cafe others queuing at the various machines etc. and generally very clogged it gets really bad particularly if people won't give way to let others through. Don't know how you solve it though

ASHIPP

Grazing shed is awesome but man I was disappointed with the ‘Gourmet’ hot dog served in the stands. £3.50 for a mildly warm hot dog about a third smaller in size than those sold last year. Avoid.
That hotdog was the biggest diasappointment of the night! If you are going to put the price up, how does making the product smaller justify that?
Grazing Shed fries with skins - lovely!

Hedd Wyn John

That hotdog was the biggest diasappointment of the night! If you are going to put the price up, how does making the product smaller justify that?
Grazing Shed fries with skins - lovely!
The bun is crispy now rather than soft but I much prefer last years. You may as well get fries from grazing shed at £3.30 which are really nice rather than pay £3.50 for a mediocre hot dog.

d20

Thread starter #118
Had a burger last night as I came from work,Im not much of a burger fan but thought Id try them,have to say I was a bit disappointed after the hype,the burger itself was tasty I have to say but for £7 I was expecting bigger ,for the extra £3 I went for the fries (which weren't ready and had to wait for a while ) and drink and also felt the chips tasted similar to microwave chips ,only my opinion as plenty were buying and enjoying but for a £10 deal I thought it was slightly overpriced .

Im sure many will enjoy it and the away fans but also wish there were some other options other than burgers.

RedDevil17

Tried the hot dog tonight and I have one thing to say. Gourmet my arse! I payed about £3 for a hot dog in which the bread was stale, rock hard and it broke almost instantly. The dog fell out of the roll and wouldn’t go back in. Not good value for money and I expect better next time.

Hedd Wyn John

Tried the hot dog tonight and I have one thing to say. Gourmet my arse! I payed about £3 for a hot dog in which the bread was stale, rock hard and it broke almost instantly. The dog fell out of the roll and wouldn’t go back in. Not good value for money and I expect better next time.
Yeah I had one a couple of weeks ago. Avoid avoid avoid. Get chips from Grazing Shed instead.