Cafe - Grazing Shed

JC23

So, night number 1 is in the books.

It didn’t go perfectly, we’ve definitely got stuff we WILL improve on. But I think we did a decent job seeing as we only got fully set up about an hour before doors opened. (I was still putting “feet” on fences at 4pm)

Aside from prices (because let’s be honest, I’ve heard it all before. And £8 for a cheeseburger of that quality, fries, and a refillable drink all night is NOT overpriced for a sports venue) any feedback would be amazing.

Thanks to everyone who came to visit the newest addition to the Shed family. :)

d20

Thread starter #64
The box meals for £5 would be good especially for families as I have 2 boys who usually get a hot dog but if we can't get deals like this unfortunately I cant be paying £15-16 for 2 burgers,im sure through the season Ill use it a few times but it wont be a weekly thing.

Glad we have something new and hopefully they will introduce new things ,mind you not to sure about the fences looks tacky I get the "grazing thing" but doesnt look great in a new rink.

Ocko

Food was excellent and the service was quick. Queues were big, but everyone was getting served quickly so they went down soon enough.

A great addition to IAW.

JC23

Food was excellent and the service was quick. Queues were big, but everyone was getting served quickly so they went down soon enough.

A great addition to IAW.
Glad to hear it.

I was deep in the engine room all night, so I didn’t really get to see the speed of service.

Glad to hear it went down quickly though.

We’re actually looking at ways to make things faster, as we didn’t think it went as smoothly as it could have. So fingers crossed we can make that happen.

d20

Thread starter #67
good luck with it ,good to see something new in the rink and once everyone has tried the burgers ( i havent yet but will) im sure as others have said if they are that good people will pay ,just would love some of those boxed meals of a burger and chips would make it cheaper for families I dont mind paying for 2 of those for my boys as its 2 meals for £10 .

Kipper

I only heard positive things about the Grazing Shed. People bitched about the old cafe and quality of food. That has improved hugely but still people will bitch. If you don’t want to pay the prices eat somewhere else it’s that simple

JC23

I only heard positive things about the Grazing Shed. People bitched about the old cafe and quality of food. That has improved hugely but still people will bitch. If you don’t want to pay the prices eat somewhere else it’s that simple
All feedback is good feedback. ;)

But as I said last night, Kipper knows.

dave

Love Grazing shed so happy there is one now plus the normal outlets so there is choice including a premium. Maybe like a theater a period break pre order so a lot would be collection only would help. Only issue I had and likely my fault as packing away was I had a"ready one" so it may have been on warming plate a bit longer then fresh (plus was after game) so was a bit dry but still a lot better than before. So overall a thumbs up from me.

JC23

Love Grazing shed so happy there is one now plus the normal outlets so there is choice including a premium. Maybe like a theater a period break pre order so a lot would be collection only would help. Only issue I had and likely my fault as packing away was I had a"ready one" so it may have been on warming plate a bit longer then fresh (plus was after game) so was a bit dry but still a lot better than before. So overall a thumbs up from me.
Apologies for the dry burger buddy! You should have said something, we would have happily replaced it if it wasn’t up to the standard you expect.

Next time, just seek me out, and I’ll Do anything I can for you. I’m normally the one in the red checked shirt and a backward trucker hat. :)

Foxy

That’s not at all what I said...if you read above, all feedback is good feedback.

Everything I’m being told, is being relayed back to the people who make the decisions RE: Pricing etc. I just control making sure we’re well enough stocked, keeping quality high, and keeping queues to a minimum.
LOL you maybe shouldnt have included the kipper knows best bit when hes just told people to eat elsewhere..........
Not complaining just a bit shocked. Im sure your burgers are lovely just not a fan of burgers. Any chance we can have our baked potatoes back:)

JC23

Do they do gluten free? If they do that's fantastic . I assumed they didn't as most fast food places don't.
We have our own gluten free buns in the works right now, just working on the recipe with our bakery.

We can provide gluten free buns right now, but I can’t speak for how good the quality of them are :confused:

Leighton

i'll be sampling the joys of the shed tonight as Jr training starts back which means i'll be spending most nights at the rink.... actually looking forward to it! it'll be a massive step forward to have it actually open!

d20

Thread starter #77
jc23 would you be doing the box burger meal with fries £5 thats on your twitter site , i didnt get there on the weekend so not sure if you do but if not i think theyd be a great choice .

JC23

i'll be sampling the joys of the shed tonight as Jr training starts back which means i'll be spending most nights at the rink.... actually looking forward to it! it'll be a massive step forward to have it actually open!
Sadly not open full time just yet.

As of September we will be.

For pre-season, it’s just for the games. We’ll be taking care of you all very soon.

Leighton

Sadly not open full time just yet.

As of September we will be.

For pre-season, it’s just for the games. We’ll be taking care of you all very soon.
aarrrrgghhhhh!

No worries pal - it was great to witness things looking so good last night though! wish you all the success.

matbur

Didn't order yesterday, but will throughout the season. Obviously, it's a burger joint but do you do hot drinks? The vending machine ones are awful. Often used to get hot drinks from the old cafe even if we weren't buying food.