Cafe - Grazing Shed

d20

Thread starter #21
In regards to the Grazing shed being in the new cafe area will it be open other than just Devils games,there are people down there all week through junior hockey training,figure skating and public sessions and the only time the cafe would be open in the week was at public sessions times,never for hockey or figure skating times when there were also a number of parents,kids etc down there who wouldve bought food but never had the chance as it was always closed ,hopefully this will be different and will be open as in my case i can be there from 5.30 till 9.00 most nights being open will give me and other options.

James

Administrator
Sounds like a very smart move. By all accounts the cafe kitchen is very well appointed indeed so the Grazing Shed benefit by having access to the whole bay for delivery using the facilities, and the rink gets a quality caterer running the cafe long hours. Win Win.

pjj365

Todd said last night that they want to tap the local housing market so will be open all day till late.

Great news and if it can be combined with the new bar opening the same hours ( within the terms of the licence) then there is a real market there - not just take away/home delivery

The only downside to this combined development would, I guess, be plastic glasses but I am sure this can be sorted with the licensing authorities if needs be after all pubs in the bay serve in plastic glasses when there is major sport on their TV and otherwise use glass

Ocko

I hope there are plans for a pre order system on an app or something. Maybe even seat delivery.

The biggest problem that cafe has is coping with demand and the food was disgusting then. With decent food on offer the queues will be unimaginable! A pre order and delivery to a stall/seat might help that.

osh

I hope there are plans for a pre order system on an app or something. Maybe even seat delivery.

The biggest problem that cafe has is coping with demand and the food was disgusting then. With decent food on offer the queues will be unimaginable! A pre order and delivery to a stall/seat might help that.
I’m personally not a fan of food being eaten when sat in the stadium during game time. Over the years I’ve had coffee /tea and the remnants of hot dogs and sauce spilled over me and others close by, sometimes followed by an apology but most times not ! Got no problem with food and drinks being consumed at intervals when I can move away.

Mazzoak

The grazing shed lunch boxes are epic. Just hope they can maintain the standards when busy. The last thing people want is long queues, l can cope missing out on crap food, this though, this will be a tough decision between epic deliciousness & epic hockeyliciousness

Bazza

Great news as long as the prices are reasonable - especially as I live 200 yards away!!

A pre-order app with pre-pay so you just pick up from a collection counter with a reference number on your phone will be a nice option if that is what they are looking to do.

As an aside, there is also a brand new coffee place opening soon (end of August?) under the Bayscape apartments just up from White Water Rafting - Coffi Co. as down Mermaid Quay. Looks quite nice in there so gives another option pre-game....

Gough60

A pre order and delivery to a stall/seat might help that.
Taking staff AWAY from the Cafe would be a disaster. They are swamped during the breaks and would have to wait for a break in play to deliver it to your seat.
Also I see the Grazing Shed named on more than 1 post. I do not however see a post confirming that it is them taking over.

Ocko

Taking staff AWAY from the Cafe would be a disaster. They are swamped during the breaks and would have to wait for a break in play to deliver it to your seat.
Also I see the Grazing Shed named on more than 1 post. I do not however see a post confirming that it is them taking over.
You wouldn’t take staff away from the cafe, these would be additional staff. Did you think I meant to leave just one bloke cooking and doing the till?

And it’s been confirmed by Devils and Grazing Shed Twitter.

James

Administrator
Worth noting Todd said the grazing shed would be taking over the cafe but the food points within the actual arena are not changing.

JC23

Hey guys,
It is the Grazing Shed taking over.
As I mentioned previously, I’m the one that will be managing the restaurant.
For now, it’s only going to be open for the pre-season games, and going full time ASAP.

Look forward to seeing you all :cool:

Mazzoak

I’d recommend the owners (assuming they like burgers) stay well away from these bad boys, too much yummyness, Canadians won’t be able to handle it.....