Brest Travel Arrangements

zoesdevil

Thread starter #1
Hi, has anyone else been finding it difficult to get over to Brest? I've been looking at different ways of getting over to the games next year & am finding it very difficult to find easy ways to get over there, either price is too much or time to get over is too long! If anyone else has sorted this please could you help me out? Cheers

pjj365

Best I can find is drive to Poole <3hrs Poole Cherbourg ferry about £200 drive to Brest about 5 hours - up to 12 hours in total

zoesdevil

Thread starter #3
I've looked at all possibilities & to be honest, there is no easy way of getting there, it's either expensive or takes absolutely ages!! lol

I looked at it briefly, to me a foot passenger on the overnight sleeper ferry from Plymouth to Roscoff was the most viable option. Then by rail from Roscoff to Brest. Though I looks like I will get my hockey fix elsewhere now for that weekend so didn't look into it to deep.

pjj365

toy_car_uk said:
I looked at it briefly, to me a foot passenger on the overnight sleeper ferry from Plymouth to Roscoff was the most viable option. Then by rail from Roscoff to Brest. Though I looks like I will get my hockey fix elsewhere now for that weekend so didn't look into it to deep.
Doesn't look lije that ferry runs in the winter

jayemm

pjj365 said:
Best I can find is drive to Poole <3hrs Poole Cherbourg ferry about £200 drive to Brest about 5 hours - up to 12 hours in total
Not sure that's a winter service. Think it's summer only.

jayemm

I wonder what the team's plans are? Maybe there's a way those of us who'd like to go could somehow "piggy-back" on to those plans? If they can get there so can we!

pjj365

jayemm said:
pjj365 said:
Not sure that's a winter service. Think it's summer only.
You may be right - most sailings to N W France seem to be summer but I thought this one was viable.
Also looked at flying from Southampton but at the moment there does not appear to be a schedule for Q1/16
I will keep looking

Looks like I might be the only Devils fan there. Just a 40 minute drive for me. I could be singing the National Anthem on my own. No problem I know all the words. :lol: