Brandt on Wally's podcast

BostonBart22

If the devils gave Brandt a contract for next season I should imagine season tkt sales will improve, , since he's been here the team, the fans have been lifted with his energy on the ice, not getting much ice time at mo but that will change I'm sure. ..a must signing mr skalde please.

Sure he said he's had 3 ops. I may be wrong going from memory on pod.
In your defence Riley himself said he couldn't remember how many surgeries he'd had and also said that the jobs not done yet. He's trying to sort dentures?!

The part which I found most interesting for the future is his U-Sports stats are really good (particularly considering where he was playing) so if he gets rolling and he gets some more ice-time I would expect his points to start growing pretty quickly.

Swarley

Listened to this yesterday, Wally couldn't believe how he landed a job with the Devils as it wasn't through any sort of contacts they usually use, what I find interesting is that he is a complete unknown and just fit straight into the team and lifted everyone up to a new level, he's definitely been a hell of a find for us and from memory he's the only player we've had that got a standing ovation for his first pro goal as well.

moggy#9

Thread starter #10
He's obviously a good guy, but it's not often that the fans takes to a player as strongly as there have to Brandt. I can see him being well up for the final tonight.

Swarley

He's obviously a good guy, but it's not often that the fans takes to a player as strongly as there have to Brandt. I can see him being well up for the final tonight.
As key as Coughler, Reid and Waller have been I think Brandt could help swing a momentum shift for us providing the officials dont make soft calls.

He's definitely a player I would want back next season.

moggy#9

Thread starter #12
As key as Coughler, Reid and Waller have been I think Brandt could help swing a momentum shift for us providing the officials dont make soft calls.

He's definitely a player I would want back next season.
He sounds like he's loving it here and would be keen to be back.

jenks33

It’s one of those where if we go back to 4 line hockey next season I’d happily have Brandt on our 4th line. If it’s 11 forwards again then I can’t see him being back. I’m not sure Skalde completely trusts him either. Great character though. Wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up at a Fife or a Dundee next year and will do well no doubt.