Braehead Clan v Cardiff Devils - Wed 24 Jan 2018 - League - FO 7:30 - Chat/Updates

ASHIPP

This could turn out to be more important win than we realise. Up until tonight, Devils and Giants had been tied on regulation wins. This gives Devils a bit of breathing space.

A fantastic, gritty win from the Guys. Well done for finding a way to get a result in a far away place in the middle of a hectic schedule.. Safe journey back for everyone.

Thankyou to OJ and volunteers for a gripping commentary.

Last edited:

Ger-Devils

Far too close for comfort but seems both goalies had big games! We got the W, just wish there was a webcast as that wasn’t easy keeping tabs on here for updates and waiting for that HUGE goal!

Onto the next!

Wannabe2

Well watching those highlights we must have been outshot at least 5 to 1, so for us to win 1-0 says very little for their scorers, and a huge game by Bownsy. Anyway 2 points in the bag, well played lads, even though it must have been like the Alamo.

Devil_Abroad

Well watching those highlights we must have been outshot at least 5 to 1, so for us to win 1-0 says very little for their scorers, and a huge game by Bownsy. Anyway 2 points in the bag, well played lads, even though it must have been like the Alamo.
Highlights might have focussed a tad more on Clan, can’t think why......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

James

Administrator
Yet we outshot them 29-24 :) I guess there aren’t many Home highlights when you are shut out

Wagstaff

As an opposition fan, I have always liked Ben Bowns even back in the Hull days when I would have loved us to sign him, however, I think he has developed into a far better player with the Devils than he would have done with us.
Wasn’t he the only player brought in by the old management at the time the new owners took over?

Wannabe2

As an opposition fan, I have always liked Ben Bowns even back in the Hull days when I would have loved us to sign him, however, I think he has developed into a far better player with the Devils than he would have done with us.
Wasn’t he the only player brought in by the old management at the time the new owners took over?
Ben really is worth his weight in gold, he just gets better and better, he is good for Cardiff, and Cardiff is good for him. One of the best signings we have made in many years.