Bownsy at Graz

moggy#9

Thread starter #1
Not a great first period for bownsy, down 4-3 at the end of the first. TBF defence doesn't really seem to be a thing for either side.

moggy#9

Thread starter #2
He's let 6 in now, and it's not even the end of the second yet. I hope the Graz fans don't start turning against him. Though if help of the test of the team would stay out of the bloody box.

ASHIPP

So easy to blame the goalie isn't it? How good are the Team's defensive play and special teams? Major considerations.

We've seen for ourselves many games at the IAW when an opposition goalie has played exceptionally well but his team has lost.
Matt Ginn (Storm) comes to mind. Even CJ Motte and the Blaze lost to Devils a couple of times last season.... arguably the best goalie in the League last season.

moggy#9

Thread starter #9
So easy to blame the goalie isn't it? How good are the Team's defensive play and special teams? Major considerations.

We've seen for ourselves many games at the IAW when an opposition goalie has played exceptionally well but his team has lost.
Matt Ginn (Storm) comes to mind. Even CJ Motte and the Blaze lost to Devils a couple of times last season.... arguably the best goalie in the League last season.
It's difficult to say from a single camera viewpoint, but Graz didn't look good at all. In fact the overall standard of the match didn't look great.

Wannabe2

I wouldn’t want him back he didn’t want to be here he wanted to go and it showed too ! They can keep him
Would you want to play for Cardiff City , if Chelsea or Liverpool wanted you, don’t think so, more money better standard, you would take it in a heartbeat. If then you don’t make the mark at least you gave it your best shot, what’s wrong with that.

Mazzoak

It’s early days to know, it wouldn’t be the first time an above average player for their home league becomes below average player abroad.........

Did Bale finalise the contract with Spurs today ?

august04

He be back here next year don't worry.

They won't keep him playing like this
I have no doubt that we’ll get a very good import goalie, whenever we re-start. Kelman said in his recent interview that Bowns had decided to leave us/or signed with Graz last January - and frankly at times it showed that he didn’t want to be here in that last season. He’s moved on, so have we I hope.

Rhyan48

Would you want to play for Cardiff City , if Chelsea or Liverpool wanted you, don’t think so, more money better standard, you would take it in a heartbeat. If then you don’t make the mark at least you gave it your best shot, what’s wrong with that.
Haha that’s not what I was saying ,you can not knock him for going , but what I am saying is why would you want a player who doesn’t want to play for the team , and like I said that clearly showed in a lot of his games last year , I think he had a terrible season and I’m not alone , we could do a lot better than Bowns and I am sure we will

Haha that’s not what I was saying ,you can not knock him for going , but what I am saying is why would you want a player who doesn’t want to play for the team , and like I said that clearly showed in a lot of his games last year , I think he had a terrible season and I’m not alone , we could do a lot better than Bowns and I am sure we will
What if he has this time away and thinks "my god (or other expletive I wont say) I missed cardiff and playing there" not saying that will happen but if he is on it and wants to play in the UK we should want him back

Devils86

Far, far too early to be judging Bownsy over there now. Likewise nobody can say we'll get better in when we as fans know nothing.

So many variables with how players perform it's not as simple as: he's let in 6 in this game or he doesn't want to play for us.

Seems to be an easy target for some people because he's put himself out there looking to take his shot. Best of luck to him I say, and if (IF) he ever wants to come back and it's right for the Devils then he will he welcome.

People seem to quickly forget what he achieved at the club. It's not a coincidence that we won plenty with him between the pipes.

Wannabe2

In fairness Bownsy is facing far superior finishers to most in our league week in week out, and he will probably adapt in time, now whether he gets the time to do that who know. I will say this though we really did win the league, we made a cup final and probably could well have won the play offs, now that’s not all down to him, but a big part was.

Mazzoak

Returning players to the Devils, that will likely depend on who the replacement coach is. If he’s from outside U.K. hockey, he may well change the ethos of the club. He may well not give a monkies who played previously.

moggy#9

Thread starter #19
Ok, we now know that bownsy had agreed to go in Jan or Feb, but it's a bit unfair to say he was disinterested. I've said before on here that this league is to challenging for a single goalie. You have to have a tandem or risk burnout.

It maybe that if Graz have a less than stellar season they want to get rid of him. If that happens and he wants to come back, of definitely look at him - but not as a sole keeper.

All of this is irrelevant for the moment though as there's a long way to go in the ebel season. Hopefully the Graz defence will improve and bownsy won't be hung out to dry quite as much.

Wannabe2

A new coach to our league will need a lot of help from the club, whoever he is,he also would not get selected If he isn’t the right fit for the club. Now this club knows exactly what it needs and is very successful at what it does, and no Lone Ranger is going to ride into town and start shooting the place up. The off ice team are as much a team as the on ice team big time that’s why we do very well, he has to be another cog in a very well balanced machine, simple as.