Bowns Elite League Player of the Week

ASHIPP

Congratulations Ben. Well deserved. Credit also to the rest of the team for fantastic defensive play limiting SOG. One incredible move springs to mind from Sunday night....Bownsey faced a one-on-one at a crucial point in the game. Tyson's chase and dive to block that shot was awesome. Bownsey made some fantastic saves on Sunday....Murphy would have been impressed.

Bowns is probably GB's number one goalie now. I really can't see Murphy getting back to full fitness after this injury (although I do hope he gets to come back towards end of season in a playing capacity and finish on the ice rather than on the treatment table) and Bowns has proved time and time again he is ready.

wildthing74

He's truly showing what an important signing he was. He's already as good as most of his import counterparts and is young enough to keep improving.With the management we have now we won't be supplementing this signing with a cheap import skater that effectively nullifies signing a Brit goalie.

Well done Ben.

Ocko

You can see why TK said he wanted to build a team around him for a number of years.

Some of his saves were outstanding. When we first signed him I thought he would be the sort of goalie to narrow his angles well (like an Aubry) but I didn't really expect him to make some of the amazing instinctive glove and pad saves he does (like Osaer). That one glove save on Sunday early on springs to mind, he had no right to save it but from nowhere he gloved it. Thoroughly impressed with Ben who is far exceeding any expectations I had.

Sheincar

Watched at GB when he stepped up to replace Murphy & was really impressed by him. Was so pleased when we signed him and then thought he may have been a bit hasty to sign when everything went pear shaped in the summer. Relieved that everything has turned out well for him & he is showing us what he can do.

drainage

Ocko said:
You can see why TK said he wanted to build a team around him for a number of years.

Some of his saves were outstanding. When we first signed him I thought he would be the sort of goalie to narrow his angles well (like an Aubry) but I didn't really expect him to make some of the amazing instinctive glove and pad saves he does (like Osaer). That one glove save on Sunday early on springs to mind, he had no right to save it but from nowhere he gloved it. Thoroughly impressed with Ben who is far exceeding any expectations I had.
That save was sublime a true how the heck did he get that moment!