Bowns Departure Confirmed By Devils

OJLloyd

He deserves the opportunity. He gave us some of the very best years of his career, and was an integral part of a team that won championships after two decades of nothing.
Gutted he’s going, but I wish him nothing but the best. I think it’s also nice he’s going to a club I felt mirrored the Devils quite a bit, in the way they are with their fans and the opposition.
Nice place as well. I know who I’m supporting in Austria now!

moggy#9

He deserves the opportunity. He gave us some of the very best years of his career, and was an integral part of a team that won championships after two decades of nothing.
Gutted he’s going, but I wish him nothing but the best. I think it’s also nice he’s going to a club I felt mirrored the Devils quite a bit, in the way they are with their fans and the opposition.
Nice place as well. I know who I’m supporting in Austria now!
I wouldn't be surprised if fournier ended up there too.

august04

Bowns will be difficult to replace short term given the uncertainty surrounding the EIHL next season.
He‘s been great for us, good luck to him and I hope he does well over in Austria.

jenks33

As a few of us said last week there are mixed emotions on this one. A sad day when you think of everything Ben has done for the Devils but I think it's the right time for him to move on, For Ben personally and for the Club. As he alluded to in his interview he's got nothing else to win or prove in the EIHL and I think that hunger has gone slightly. As brutal as it sounds we shouldn't want a player to stay if he's lost that hunger. It will be interesting to see who replaces Ben, they have big shoes to fill.

kingmo19.1

Good luck to the lad - hope it works out. He needed a fresh challenge.

As a side issue, that should result in the last we’ll see of DevilsATW ! I believe his words were if Lordo and Bownsey leave then I will leave the forum for good! Can’t say I’ve noticed him on here since Lordo departed.

E.D.S.

Great goalie. A fundamental part of the new era. A joy to watch. Some unreal saves. Too many to mention. Thank you for the memories and good luck for the future. Onwards and upwards Ben.

BostonBart22

My choice would have to be matt ginn storm , top keeper always played well against devils as like bowns did for hull, think he will fit in to our little budget as we will be struggling now without peacocks and viola on board..good luck Ben in your new workplace , hope it works well for you and your wife in the new surroundings, good luck you will be missed by many ...

ASHIPP

Congratulations to Ben. He so deserves an opportunity to prove himself at a higher level. He is still young and ambitious. Nothing more to prove in our league. Bownsey's contribution to our Club's success and his impact on the next generation is demonstrated by TK's words on the OS. Ben goes with the blessing of the Club and many fans.

moggy#9

My choice would have to be matt ginn storm , top keeper always played well against devils as like bowns did for hull, think he will fit in to our little budget as we will be struggling now without peacocks and viola on board..good luck Ben in your new workplace , hope it works well for you and your wife in the new surroundings, good luck you will be missed by many ...
Hmm, Ginn is a good goalie, but he didn't seem to be up there with motte or beskorowany. I seem to recall his rebound control being a little suspect at times. I have no doubt that when hockey resumes we'll have great sponsors and great replacements for all of the players (and coach) who have left.

SteveKing

So many incredible memories over the past six years. Never could we have ever asked for or expected the kind of goaltending that we got from Ben during that time. Such a pivotal part of the run that we've had. Five points total away from six straight league titles, playoff titles, CC trophies, CHL wins. I'm just so proud of him as a person. From that first summer that he came over to train, I could tell that all he wanted was to be the best goaltender that's ever come out of the UK. That's all he thought about and he put the work in to get there. He's a special guy, married to a special girl and they've become quite close with all five of us in my family. There's something about a guy that keeps on telling literally the worst jokes I've ever heard that you have to admire!

So we're coming off of a four year stretch of 1st, 1st, T-1st and 1st. We figured that all of you were getting bored. So let's say goodbye to our head coach and our starting goaltender and have a worldwide pandemic that casts doubt into everything else. Let's see what we're made of! We're going to need your support more than ever in the coming year but don't ever bet against the Cardiff Devils.

moggy#9

So many incredible memories over the past six years. Never could we have ever asked for or expected the kind of goaltending that we got from Ben during that time. Such a pivotal part of the run that we've had. Five points total away from six straight league titles, playoff titles, CC trophies, CHL wins. I'm just so proud of him as a person. From that first summer that he came over to train, I could tell that all he wanted was to be the best goaltender that's ever come out of the UK. That's all he thought about and he put the work in to get there. He's a special guy, married to a special girl and they've become quite close with all five of us in my family. There's something about a guy that keeps on telling literally the worst jokes I've ever heard that you have to admire!

So we're coming off of a four year stretch of 1st, 1st, T-1st and 1st. We figured that all of you were getting bored. So let's say goodbye to our head coach and our starting goaltender and have a worldwide pandemic that casts doubt into everything else. Let's see what we're made of! We're going to need your support more than ever in the coming year but don't ever bet against the Cardiff Devils.
We have faith. We might have lost the best coach and the best goalie, but we have the best owners and the best GM to guide us through!

Rhyan48

Couldn’t wish to have better owners and staff in Cardiff and we all have all the faith possible in all of you to do what is best for Cardiff , and we know you will , carnt thank you enough for everything you do everything you can for us and us fans will do the same for you too and the club , let’s bring on the future changes are not always bad and these things happen , once a devil always a devil and we will be back winning things I know and we all know this , Cardiff attracts players for a reasonS and the reasons is told by every single player we have now and every player that has played in Cardiff , 2020 has been a rubbish year but onwards and upwards

Samael

Sorry to see Ben leaving and l wish him all the best, it was a pleasure watching him develop into the professional player he is today. Also going to miss his no nonsense interviews, and tell it how it is style. Thanks for being a Devil Mr Bowns.

august04

This feels like a bit of a re-set this summer, with the departure of Lord and Bowns, two vital contributors to the success we’ve had since the new ownership took over. Throw in the loss of the arena sponsor, the end of the Peacocks deal this month (I think?) and it’s certainly been an interesting summer before even thinking about the impact of this damn virus.
Uncertain times but we’ve got the right MD, owners, fan base plus returning core of players, to get us through this.