Bob the Bison?

davew said:
ANON QUOTE FROM ELITE FORUM"Shanker was told by Tomas that he wasn't going to receive his final pay. Not that it would be late like usual, but he wasn't getting it. Brad is really torn up about not being able to say bye to all the fans the right way, but he isn't going to risk a potential season ending injury while playing for free.....
Not true according to what was going round the rink tonight, Sheffield didn't want Shanker playing in case he got injured!

davew

Mike, the way you quoted my post leads people to indicate I wrote the quote....I just want to make it clear I posted a DIRECT quote from the nameless forum.....I also said I didn't know how reliable the info was...

All I can say is that my thoughts are with the herd and its fanbase, had you guys played anyone other than the caps (who we play tomorrow) then I would have been at the silverdome tonight.

davew said:
Mike, the way you quoted my post leads people to indicate I wrote the quote....I just want to make it clear I posted a DIRECT quote from the nameless forum.....I also said I didn't know how reliable the info was...

All I can say is that my thoughts are with the herd and its fanbase, had you guys played anyone other than the caps (who we play tomorrow) then I would have been at the silverdome tonight.
Sorry, that wasn't the intention.

A

Anonymous

Gazza272 said:
The guy probably lost more money keeping Cardiff going than i'll make in a life time!
I don't buy that for one minute Gazza, don't believe everything that he spouted in the local press.

Gazza272

august04 said:
Gazza272 said:
The guy probably lost more money keeping Cardiff going than i'll make in a life time!
I don't buy that for one minute Gazza, don't believe everything that he spouted in the local press.
#

How else would you keep a team going in the BNL with no fans coming through the door and then keeping a team on the road with no income from home games?

There isnt exactly loads of money in hockey August.

Are you saying he never would have made a loss at any time during his time as owner?

He brought that dark period in our history upon himself...and he didn't 'keep hockey in Cardiff alive' for our sakes. Many people in the background contributed to that side of things...some of them losing out financially.

Two things come out of his mouth...Elaborations and lies.

I can't believe he's still dividing Devils fans. He's gone, at last. Let him 'work his magic' elsewhere...hopefully not to the detriment of the Steelers or the Bison though.

Gazza, Bob Phillips probably did lose money at some point but at the end of it he re couped it back... When the team had no pad for example, saying that the money was taken from the budget, sponsors etc..... At the end of the day, I personally dont think Bob Phillips done cardiff devils that much good, if he concentrated most of his time running the devils than avenging personal issues and internal politics we wouldnt have been in the situations we found ourselves in!!!! Clearly evident with the new owners, finally getting on with the council, no internal politics (not as bad as it was) etc.... Pretty sure the majority of fans are now happy the leach has gone for good!!!!!!

Gazza272

Ih8Sheffield said:
Gazza, Bob Phillips probably did lose money at some point but at the end of it he re couped it back... When the team had no pad for example, saying that the money was taken from the budget, sponsors etc..... At the end of the day, I personally dont think Bob Phillips done cardiff devils that much good, if he concentrated most of his time running the devils than avenging personal issues and internal politics we wouldnt have been in the situations we found ourselves in!!!! Clearly evident with the new owners, finally getting on with the council, no internal politics (not as bad as it was) etc.... Pretty sure the majority of fans are now happy the leach has gone for good!!!!!!

Yep and they should be happy he's gone, im happy he's gone. He fought so many things we were in a hole we could get out of. Matt burge is an extremely good owner who has the massive ability to take us places we have dreamed about going to for years now. I've never said anything different and your post there sort of highlights my first post in this thread.

And thats can we just let this bob thing go and not pick on eveyr little thing he's doing? we are far better off and should be happy and yet we keep going back seemingly looking for things to hit him with.

Under Burge we are bound to get the last laugh with the resources, partnership and forward thinknig we have. So lets wait until Bob does something really stupid before we get the torch lights out again? Tis all i'm saying :)

I think what Gazza is getting at is that not everything is as black and white as us hockey fans want to believe at times. Just look at the recent history, we have been given many scapegoats bordering on pantomime villainy and when more of the truth comes out it turn out that a lot of what we thought we knew was bull.

No doubt Bob brings what he deserves on himself (and for many years also on us, unfortunately) and his ego has no doubt harmed us more than his money helped us over the long term. However Bob has invested a lot of money into the league and as a business man who has already openly stated he wanted the league to expand he is not likely to want Basingstoke to go to the wall, sometimes what is best for Bob is best for us all, and if he is involved in helping mediate the Basingstoke take-over then I have no problems with it. I know it's 'cool' to hate Sheffield and all that but I don't think this is really the right topic to do it on.

Oh dear :(

Rumour on KOTG chat room that Bison is going to be pulled from the league tomorrow. Anybody else heard this or know anything?
I've heard that i is very likely that they will pull out of the League and not play again after tonight. Hope I'm wrong, or more to the point, that the word within is wrong!

Chris

Administrator
THF have locked the thread with these posts in, i'm not 'in the know' as much as THF might be, but can everyone just be very careful what they post. The thread on THF was locked for possible legal implications, i don't think we're going too far yet, but please please please just be careful.

Thanks, Chris.