Blight IS back !!

Earnie

I am delighted that Blight is back and would have loved Stu to be there also. Alas he has decided to have a go in Europe.

Really happy with this news! It's a shame stu won't be back but maybe he might try Europe and come back you never know. Best of luck to him and welcome back Mr blight! Will be interesting to see who else we will be signing :grin:

Finny

Delighted to see Blight back, he worked well with Faulkner and was a lot more physical than I was expecting. I actually expected him to score more goals than he did, but with Faulks scoring so well he was too busy setting him up. Wouldn't be surprised to see him score more this season though.

Obviously disappointed to see MacRae move on but he has been a fantastic player for us and I'm sure all Devils fans wish him the best.

Koop11

Great to see Blight return. He brings so much with his game which works so well with Faulkner. Batman and Robin are back!

Shame about Stu but the very best of luck to him. He will go down as one of the great captains of the Cardiff Devils.

wildthing74

Delighted to see Chris back who was for my money one if the best pound for pound players in the league. He worked his bag off all season and along with Stuuu pretty much carried the forwards when Mac got injured.
A huge blow to lose MacRae as I was hoping he would captain us to a trophy next year as he deserved that after being a great leader for the last 2 years and great player for all 3 of his seasons here.
Good luck Stu and I would hope to see you play for us again if things don't work out.

osh

Very pleased to see Blight is staying with us. I rate him highly and he took on a hell of a workload when Mac was injured and still contributed well with his points tally last season. he adapted to enforced line changes due to circumstances, and, Injury free, I can see him and Mac working very well together again, and will be up there with the top points scorers in the league.

Sorry to see Stu go, he has been a good captain for us, but good luck to him wherever he decides to play ( surprised he is choosing Europe, as he intimated his desire to return to North America) I hope very much that Faulkner is named our captain for the upcoming season. he has a lot of respect from his teammates and opposition players and is a good role model for our Brits. He always puts in a good shift, takes few penalties, is respected by officials ( so I am told by an official I have spoken with )

Gaz G

Fantastic news. Welcome Back Blighter. Another piece of the jigsaw added.

Thanks to Stu for all his efforts with us and all the best in Europe.

DevilDom

Pleased Blight is back. He has a great work ethic and with a settled line of quality players I believe he can be even better than last year, hopefully scoring some more goals.

Really really gutted Stu is not back though. He has in his time with us epitomised what he means to be a Devil. A truly great Captain and leader on the ice. A guy that won games almost single handly for the Devils and worked tirelessly when the team was shortbenched (which has been almost all of the past 2 years) often double and even triple shifting. It shows the class of the guy when he promised G and Franny he would not join another EIHL team despite the fact he could probably have done so on a lot more money too. He leaves a huge gap in the team to fill and I wish him all the best in Europe.

ASHIPP

Welcome back Chris.......this is excellent news. Mac and Chris are a great partnership. Hoping we get to see even more next season.

Cant explain how gutted I am about Stu. I guessed he would probably call time this time round. Wish him all the best whatever direction his career takes. And to thank him for single handedly winning games at times and always leading by example.A fantastic captain for the Devils and an awesome game changing player. How is G going to replace someone of Stuuu's qualities?

As for the future captaincy surely it's a no-brainer. He's already on the team.It can only be Mac.
:D

Gazza272

I have to say that I think Stuu not coming back is going to help us in some respects.

I think we already have 3 top centres in Faulkner, Myers, Davies. While Davies can play on the wing as can Myers. I think their strengths lie in those positions. If stuuu had come back I think someone would have been a square peg in a round hole. In some respects thats a great headache to have, however I think team chemistery suffered when it happened the year we signed Finnerty.

In saying that to not have someone the calibre of Maccrae in your team is bound to be a dissapointment, and I thank him for being a guy who soared past initial expectations of himself 3 seasons ago and to keep that consistency for two seasons after. Great guy.

On the other side of the coin great to have a guy like Blight who in the playoffs was my MVP. He dragged us to those semi finals.

Ger-Devils

Awesome news that Blight is back for another year. I was told he would finish the season strong and he proved that right! Playoffs especially, GP4 pts 15!

Him and Faulkner work well together and with hopefully Max back or another winger who has their work ethic, they could be one of the most dangerous lines in the league.

Shame to see Stu go but he kept his word and said he would only play for us in the UK and he did that. You can't stop anyone going but I think he mentioned he's got one or two years then he may stop so wanted to travel a bit more.

drainage

Glad Chris is back looking forward to seeing him next season thought he had a fantastic season when we were up against it

Sad to see Stu go but respect his choice and shows calibre of man said would only play for us in UK and reckon he would have had some cracking offers but kept his word .... Good luck to him

Foxy

Welcome back Chris :) but gutted McCrae is leaving :cry:

Is Simioni still the Coach at Odense? Now theres another blast from the past :)

Shame about Stuuuuu....but fair play he is looking to play on mainland Europe rather than with a different team in EIHL.

Blight & Faulks play together so well. Lots of "tap ins" for Faulkner next year on the first line I reckon with Chris setting them up.

Not sure who else will be on that line but they were two parts of the best offensive line in the EIHL last season before all the suspensions and injuries hit us. If we get a full season out of these two you will see a massive amount of points scored.

Crucial signing IMHO. Things are looking good.

jimmy snels

Really happy about blight signing really tried every night even when we were playing poorly or had loads of players out. Pretty gritty to and I hope that we sign a player as capable as him and mac to play on a line with them. I think things are shaping up nicely.
I hope we sign a tough d man personally who plays behind the first line to protect them. I know people have said about there reasons for preferring an enforcer on the 3rd line but IMO we don't get any protection if he's sat on the bench! If you want a fighter I agree 3rd line is best but our d needs a guy who can drop them to. And give him instructions that if someone touches mac or blight u are to go over and make them "uncomfortable"
Gutted stuuu has finished but I wonder if G has a different approach this year anyway and we might go with a stronger D?