Blaze Vs Devils - League - 5th March 22

Hockeymad

League has gone.

It went a while back realistically.

Can't see us beating giants in the cc final.

Playoffs is a lottery so let's hope hey.

Not a bad first season for skalde and majority of the players though.

Well done

Diablo3

League has gone.

It went a while back realistically.

Can't see us beating giants in the cc final.

Playoffs is a lottery so let's hope hey.

Not a bad first season for skalde and majority of the players though.

Well done
Don't disagree with it being a good first season. I do think we can push the Giants in the CC and it's anyones guess in the playoffs. I'm hoping we get back to 22/24 roster sizes next season, I think that will make the difference to us. We might even get Joey Martin back. :)

Not a great performance tonight. Kids are pretty quiet in the back of the car on the way home. Didn’t ever look like scoring but it is what it is. We’ve really struggled away from home in the last few weeks but I didn’t expect to get shut out up here tonight. Hope we can put in a decent performance at home tomorrow anyway. What surprised me most however was the home crowd…must have been about half full

Hedd Wyn John

Not a great performance tonight. Kids are pretty quiet in the back of the car on the way home. Didn’t ever look like scoring but it is what it is. We’ve really struggled away from home in the last few weeks but I didn’t expect to get shut out up here tonight. Hope we can put in a decent performance at home tomorrow anyway. What surprised me most however was the home crowd…must have been about half full
We've got a big away from home game coming up in a week & half. The league is done. I'm just hoping we can front up for that.

The low attendance at Coventry doesn't surprise me, it was pretty poor when I was there last time.

ASHIPP

Several teams are banged up with injuries at the moment. Limited roster size this season has crippled performances at the business end of the season.
Thought the signing deadline has passed now, or is there an allowance made for injury cover?

E.D.S.

Zero atmosphere but it’s been like that all season for the Blaze. Attendances have really fallen away. As for us, 3rd place is in the bag. Depleted team, now losing its shape with Crandall at the back. We’ll need injury cover if we are to push on for the CC and playoffs. Such a shame to lose McNulty and then Crandalls offensive creativity.

Devil94

Yes a shame to lose Crandall, but if we absolutely have to play a forward as an emergency d-man I think he is most suited. Similar style to Chris Culligan, and his defensive experiment was quite successful. Hopefully it's only a very short term fix, with the best outcome being McNulty back. I'm not sure what the protocol is regarding signing injury cover but it wouldn't surprise me if we can't sign anybody now.