Blaze Vs Devils - League - 28th Nov 2021

moggy#9

I hope he was benched for a few shifts, I am sure Coaches are frustrated in him giving up passes in the D zone, he's a liability especially in this league where fine margins count.
The worst part is not that he makes mistakes, but that he keeps making the same mistakes over and over again.

Wannabe2

Well if fans notice these mistakes, coaches certainly do and there always basic fundamental mistakes, cross ice suicidal passes, and passing without looking, not exactly rocket science.

It’s a strange one with BOC, he’s got such talent and can do very good things but he makes these basic mistakes which we see, coaches and fellow players see, but more than anyone he will see, and feel the heat for making them.
Then he will go and make a similar mistake the next period/game etc.
If he can just play a safer game at our end of the ice and try to make his plays further up ice where mistakes are less likely to be punished I think we would get better all round value from him.
Offensively he’s not the player he was a few years ago so he needs to back it up with a more low risk game and be more solid in defence.
I can’t remember seeing much if anything of him in the third period on Sunday but I think that in such a close tight game it might have been the case anyway regardless of mistakes made.

tim78

Hotham use to make mistakes and took criticism but was our best Dman for years.

O'Connor plays well and from a spectator does finish his checks, plus his PM's are low. I presume the main complaint is he just coughs up now and then, but he is a devil.

O'Connor plays well and from a spectator does finish his checks, plus his PM's are low. I presume the main complaint is he just coughs up now and then, but he is a devil.
I don’t think you can compare the Hotham we had to the O’Connor we’ve got though.
Ben isn’t producing offensively atm, and Hotham was the best dman we’ve had in my opinion ( yes even better than Ritchie, Wannabe ;-) )
It’s the intercepted cross ice passes mainly with Ben, if he cuts them out I’d be happier

august04 2.0

That's true. Conceding just 2.25 goals a game. We also have the best powerplay in the league at 33.33%, a whopping 7.33% better than the next best at 26%. Pretty good for a team that apparently has shaky defense and doesn't score enough goals.
Thankfully we have the best goalie in the league and the best special teams - which have been hugely influential in most of our wins lately. Room for improvement generally though, particularly tightening up at the back end, I would say. Skalde says it regularly too! Do you disagree with the coach's assessment?

Devil94

Thankfully we have the best goalie in the league and the best special teams - which have been hugely influential in most of our wins lately. Room for improvement generally though, particularly tightening up at the back end, I would say. Skalde says it regularly too! Do you disagree with the coach's assessment?
Not at all. I just posted facts, didn't express an opinion of my own, no one can argue with the numbers. And here's another stat, 6 wins on the bounce for us. It's happy hockey days indeed.

august04 2.0

Not at all. I just posted facts, didn't express an opinion of my own, no one can argue with the numbers. And here's another stat, 6 wins on the bounce for us. It's happy hockey days indeed.
Good to know that you don’t disagree with Skalde and the majority of us on here then who have commented on the need for tightening up at the back! Not sure why you posted so sarcastically in the first place when you agreed all along!

Hedd Wyn John

Up until the loss to Fife we didn’t.
After this defeat even SK said that our performances were unacceptable and everyone needed to do better.
Thankfully, we have seen a drastic change in our results since.
Well done!
True but even Carruth said he we had a horseshoe on our side so I think that's recognition that our D really needs to tighten up.