Blaze Vs Devils - League - 28th Nov 2021

jenks33

Well it was an improvement on the first period and obviously the scoreline is positive. Carruth still comfortably our best player, plenty of 1 on 1’s and 2 on 1’s for the blaze in that period but Carruth stood tall. Fair play our powerplay has been very dangerous this weekend

Wannabe2

It’s a boring game for sure, poking pins in your eyes couldn’t be worse. Could be worse you could be there every week, now that would be dull, dull, dull.

E.D.S.

I don’t understand the use of Waller. Started out as our best player a few weeks ago and deserved his minutes on the first and now he looks like he’s on the 2nd/3rd and hasn’t been as effective as before. Seems like someone who could bring some energy to a game like this with more minutes.

kettdevil1

On another note, It’s absolutely freezing in here. There is actually a breeze. I do not understand how
They must have opened a vent …. It’s freezing!!
Just been down to look at the ice, it looks awful, not surprised given the number of pucks going astray.
Surprised by some comments, the first period was not a thriller but the second, whilst not high on quality, was rather good fun I thought

august04 2.0

I don’t understand the use of Waller. Started out as our best player a few weeks ago and deserved his minutes on the first and now he looks like he’s on the 2nd/3rd and hasn’t been as effective as before. Seems like someone who could bring some energy to a game like this with more minutes.
Totally agree. Cox and Sanford look far more dangerous too with the speed of Waller alongside them.

matbur

They must have opened a vent …. It’s freezing!!
Just been down to look at the ice, it looks awful, not surprised given the number of pucks going astray.
Surprised by some comments, the first period was not a thriller but the second, whilst not high on quality, was rather good fun I thought
Interesting point about the ice, noticed Crandall struggled on a couple of occasions.

august04 2.0

A good two points, a shut out on the road and we dug out the win again - and those points could be vital at the end of the season. Not the best game though but that’s the EIHL for me this year - a definite and significant downgrade in quality on previous years, not surprisingly either really with some of the self inflicted roster restrictions. The goaltending is still very good though and I wouldn’t swap Carruth for any other goaltender in the league. His game is consistently excellent, an 87 saves weekend according to Murphy, giving up 2 goals, getting 2 wins and 2 MOM performances when we haven’t been at our best. I hope he’s with us for a long time.