Blaze Vs Devils - 31 Mar 19 - League .. decider?

august04

Are you real? We just finished the season on equal points with Belfast and lost on games won. Look where a massive overhaul got Sheffield. Come on now.
We don’t get anything for finishing on equal points. We’ve lost the league, conference trophy and bombed out of the challenge cup early. I agree with the original poster - time for changes to personnel and style of play, because frankly, I’ve been bored to tears at times this year, despite us being at or near the top of the table.

RedDevil17

Can we say who we would and wouldn’t want back now...is it a suitable time because let’s be honest i doubt anyone even cares about the playoffs. The style has been boring. No fights, barely any physicality all year, no spark, inconsistency, certain players underperforming, leaky defence, poor finishing, certain players not up to the task. I can think of 4/5 who I wouldn’t have back.

Devils86

Bowns can do one!!
He was right in his interview wasn’t he that the title race is stressful.

Sloppy goal tonight and a howler against stars. Bye bowns
I know you are either:
- fishing; or
- 9 years old.
Or both.

But have a word with yourself. Now is not the time for such posts. The correct thing to do is congratulate the Giants and move on, rather than take pot shots at one of our own from behind a keyboard. People like you have short term memories and it shows.

Rich Best

Very disappointing but I don't buy this inconsistency thing. We had 92 points from 60 games this season which is a better points per game average than last season, over a greater number of games.

Maybe we just got pipped to the post by a very good team.

I know we are all feeling it right now, but we came so close to making history. History is not easy to make. We came up short. We are still a great team and performed outstandingly well this season. We were the team to beat.

Well thats that. As much as I am gutted at the moment, it was going to happen some time. Must get Lordo confirmed as our coach ASAP. No one more than him will want to get back at it, play offfs still to go for.

Of course we're all disappointed and offer congratulations to Belfast. But come on will some people stop overreacting. We lost the league on games won and for the fourth season in a row have finished in the top 2. Some of us are acting like Steelers fans that we have a right to win everything and when we don't start screaming to get rid of players. We've had bad periods in the season but if Belfast were more consistent then surely they should have won the league ages ago and by several points - they've had their bad results also. Now let's focus on the play offs. The season isn't over yet.

kingmo19.1

Can we say who we would and wouldn’t want back now...is it a suitable time because let’s be honest i doubt anyone even cares about the playoffs. The style has been boring. No fights, barely any physicality all year, no spark, inconsistency, certain players underperforming, leaky defence, poor finishing, certain players not up to the task. I can think of 4/5 who I wouldn’t have back.
I don't think you need to ask for permission.

Of course we're all disappointed and offer congratulations to Belfast. But come on will some people stop overreacting. We lost the league on games won and for the fourth season in a row have finished in the top 2. Some of us are acting like Steelers fans that we have a right to win everything and when we don't start screaming to get rid of players. We've had bad periods in the season but if Belfast were more consistent then surely they should have won the league ages ago and by several points - they've had their bad results also. Now let's focus on the play offs. The season isn't over yet.
100% spot on for me. Belfast are deserved champions, but we're a damned good runner up.

Devils86

It’s funny how in this sport we have fans chomping at the bit for players to fill in the opposition after a bad hit as it’s part of the game policing itself and being part of a team...

...but when the chips are down and with the full security of anonymity behind a keyboard will quick as a flash turn on their own. We’ve discussed negativity on the forum before and I understand people have more to say when things don’t go our way but there are some people showing themselves to be more interested in moaning and having a pop than anything else.

We have a situation here where our club has taken a bad hit, instead of standing up for our team we are turning on each other - and you know loves that the most? The Giants, the Steelers and everyone else.

It’s our turn to be laughed at. Take that on the chin because it won’t last forever. But we shouldn’t be pointing fingers at our own - they’ll be enough of that from outside.

mjh

Congratulations to Belfast. They're worthy champs. This just makes you appreciate the last few seasons all the more. The playoffs are still to be played so still chance of silverware. I'm looking forward to seeing how we shape up in the off season now as regaining the title is going to be an awesome challenge. I expect the other big teams to improve after they've disappointed this year. Gutted we didn't do it but have loved being at each game I've witnessed this year.

Mooney#16

Belfast won the head to head series this year. You can’t argue with that simple stat. Gutted but congratulations to Belfast. They beat Devils when it counted and they get the reward. Dearly wanted that history making 3 peat but if it was easy it wouldn’t be worth having.

RedDevil17

Congratulations to Belfast. They're worthy champs. This just makes you appreciate the last few seasons all the more. The playoffs are still to be played so still chance of silverware. I'm looking forward to seeing how we shape up in the off season now as regaining the title is going to be an awesome challenge. I expect the other big teams to improve after they've disappointed this year. Gutted we didn't do it but have loved being at each game I've witnessed this year.
I most certainly haven’t. Not many games I’ve enjoyed.

Rich Best

Or maybe we blew two huge leads and only have ourselves to blame? Get your rose tinted specs off.
No I won't get my rose tinted glasses off. Our points per game was better this year than last. Last year we won the league by 10 points. This year we lost on regulation wins. I am pretty sure many of our stats are better this year.

Yes it was in our hands and yes it is disappointing, but some of the posts on here are from people who don't deserve to be fans.

We got pipped to the post. Simple as that. Belfast played amazingly down the stretch to give themselves a chance today.

I am glad to support a team who remain in contention, and usually win titles. It was very different a few years ago. Let's not forget. Although I expect a lot of people on here were not fans 5+ years ago.

People calling for Bowns head are quite frankly idiots.

Wannabe2

Unfortunately we lost 2 players who were the heart and soul of this club, both of these were no fault of our club, but were never replaced, with the exception of Louis our physicality went out the window. It’s true we were top until the end but we never replaced like for like, and that’s what finished us, those extra points, just 1 in our case never happened. So there we are the second best team in the league, fine for some, not good for others, that’s life.

Devils86

Social media can be a horrible place, luckily for me all the Devils fans I follow are doing the right things and saying the right words.

Some proper pieces of work out there but thankfully nowt to do with me.

See you all for the playoffs