Blaze Vs Devils - 31 Mar 19 - League .. decider?

Diablo3

With Storm winning tonight, and Blaze playing Storm tomorrow in their barn, the final playoff spot could well be decided before our game on Sunday. That might have an influence on Sunday providing we manage to beat Lightening tomorrow too. Fingers legs and everything else crossed...

jenks33

So looking at the table after tonight’s results am I right in saying that the worst possible result for us in the Storm v Blaze game would be a blaze OT win? Looks like that’s the only result that will mean that Blaze will have something meaningful to play for on the Sunday. That’s if we beat MK and Belfast beat Dundee of course
With Storm winning tonight, and Blaze playing Storm tomorrow in their barn, the final playoff spot could well be decided before our game on Sunday. That might have an influence on Sunday providing we manage to beat Lightening tomorrow too. Fingers legs and everything else crossed...

voth26

So it's down to us and no one else. We have to come out flying like tonight do the basics and hopefully get an early goal or two, keep it tight stay disciplined and close blaze down. Fingers and everything else crossed.

kingmo19.1

Having shipped a massive 220 goals in the league, the Blaze are only beaten in that department by MK with 242.

The flip side is the Blaze are the 3rd highest scoring team behind us and the Giants !

Should be an interesting encounter!

Rob Batch

Unfortunately Coventry is where people like me get sent. The shun is gonna shine on my backdoor someday. League winning Shunday hopefully !!

I already feel sorry for the 'Blaze'. Glory, shirly, will not enter into it. Boom, Boom. (Basil Brush) for those under the age of 10 or 20? maybe more ! 30, 40?

Heads up, I was thinking along the lines of 'a blaze of glory' if that helps.

Looks like I enjoyed myself last night, judging by my ramblings. I intend to enjoy myself all day today #too. By 8pm I expect to be very happy. Happy cubed! (x3).

tim78

Looks like it's Coventry for the league title and for the play offs.

Just wondering if it's better for them to allow the league win hoping it's given the effect of quenching the hunger for the playoff weekend (based on when we won the challenge cup and then got smashed by Sheffield).

pjj365

I'm not sure that profit on bar sales would be enough to cover the cost of between £200/300 + staff costs

But assume 50 families go to arena then at the top end that is a £200 loss for Clearcut - maybe they weren't prepared to allow it

Bet Grazing Shed are disappointed though

Sliput

Looks like it's Coventry for the league title and for the play offs.

Just wondering if it's better for them to allow the league win hoping it's given the effect of quenching the hunger for the playoff weekend (based on when we won the challenge cup and then got smashed by Sheffield).
Now Blaze have definatley made the Playoffs I wonder a couple of things...
A) Will they rest players so they can be fully fit next weekend.
B) Will they want to try and win so feel confident going into the 1/4's .
C) Use A and the fact that for the 1/4's it's cheaper to get to Cardiff than it is to get over to Belfast :)

Kevlar68

I think whenever you play any sport you always want to win but not always at any cost so they may just put enough effort in to hopefully get a win but not go 100 MPH head on.

Last edited: