Blaze vs Devils - 22 Sept 19 - CC

Scheistel scoring against us says it all!!
He’s also the first d man ever to get 5 points in his first 5 games!

But it’s ok we got McMonagle and jardine haven’t we. Haha.

I knew we should have kept him
We had no choice in keeping him. Coventry offered him a uni course we don’t have on offer that he wanted to do.

OJLloyd

Arrogant performances all round.

We’ve looked slow and uninterested. CHL wins are one thing, but conceding 11 goals in two games is simply not good enough.

Pathetic stuff. They should be on the ice in the morning putting in the effort they didn’t put in this weekend. I made more of an effort spending my money to watch this nonsense.

Bad weekend, lucky that was a cup game because we're more or less through anyway aren't we.

Hangover from the CHL catching up with us or just 2 awful performances?

osh

A very poor weekend to say the least. Our defence is shocking and giving away stupid penalties heaps more pressure on a D that looks likely to give up goals more easily than I’ve seen in a long time. The worse thing is seeing players seeming to coast last night, almost giving up very early in the game and hearing from a friend who was at the game tonight that we Never seemed to do the simple things and coughed up far too many pucks in our D zone. Players seem to think that having had a pretty good CHL record thus far that playing EIHL hockey would be easy, they are learning the hard way and although it’s early in the season with plenty of time to put things right, I just don’t see the effort or passion that warrants me spending considerable sums of money for under performing performances. Fortunately it was a CC game and Lord will have his work cut out to rectify such performances for sure.

Wannabe2

Didnt get to game last night due to work, thank goodness, but then spent £12 to watch us tanked by a very average team. How do a team that look like the Mutts Nutts play like a bunch of Amateurs, the only player that can hold his head high tonight is Dixon, 21/22 Dixon’s please that would do me. 11 goals against in 2 games is crap by anyone’s standards. Thank goodness tonight’s game was a cc game, time to stand up and be counted lads, as this is pretty shitty.

Devil_Abroad

Didnt get to game last night due to work, thank goodness, but then spent £12 to watch us tanked by a very average team. How do a team that look like the Mutts Nutts play like a bunch of Amateurs, the only player that can hold his head high tonight is Dixon, 21/22 Dixon’s please that would do me. 11 goals against in 2 games is crap by anyone’s standards. Thank goodness tonight’s game was a cc game, time to stand up and be counted lads, as this is pretty shitty.
Thankfully I’ve made the decision not to spend £12 on a webcast. No Webcast is worth £12 lol

Wannabe2

The price of watching OUR team, sometimes differ from fan to fan, that doesn’t make us any different, I wanted to watch it, you didn’t, and that’s fair comment.

Maybe because we aren’t as good as you thought we were? This team aren’t the wet dream we sometimes think they are. We are up there with the top teams as and there isn’t much between us and them. We certainly aren’t the mutts nuts, and they certainly aren’t what you would call ‘pretenders’.

But equally we aren’t as bad either. We’ll bounce back. Just a bad weekend, no reason to panic.

jimmy snels

when the NHL fall out to AHL is sorted i hope we pick up a big mobile Dman. stay at home guy. would love Strachan or weller right now

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Maybe because we aren’t as good as you thought we were? This team aren’t the wet dream we sometimes think they are. We are up there with the top teams as and there isn’t much between us and them. We certainly aren’t the mutts nuts, and they certainly aren’t what you would call ‘pretenders’.

But equally we aren’t as bad either. We’ll bounce back. Just a bad weekend, no reason to panic.
Thanks Rolf