Blaze v Devils - Sat 1:00pm - Playoff Spectacular

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for the 1st semi-final of the weekend from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ is the man in charge, so if you're not heading up to Nottingham for the game be sure to give him a shout on gameday at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Blaze suffered an injury to Owen in their 2nd leg game vs the Stingrays and Robinson was also sitting out, so they could be players down.

Devils are at full strength as far as we know, and hopefully we'll be bringing our 'A' game :)

So, if you're stuck at home and know others that are, be sure to tune in, big numbers will help us break a massive milestone for this game ;)

Chris.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #2
Forgot to mention on this, when we make the finals, i'll try and get around to sticking another thread up and fixing MNL for those people staying at home on the Sunday.

Chris.

Sliput

darthvadersjockstrap said:
according to coventry radio this morning,Greg Owen(Knee) and Tommy Watkins(Concussion)from a few games ago are both out injured,Jason Robinson should play
I wonder who Thommo will leave out ?

Rempel16

Sliput said:
according to coventry radio this morning,Greg Owen(Knee) and Tommy Watkins(Concussion)from a few games ago are both out injured,Jason Robinson should play
It's a tough one to call. I'd have thought Robinson is a certainty to play, with them utilising the presence of him and Lee to neutralise Voth.

Soderstrom will make up the remains of the import D.

Calder, Carlson, Fulghum and Chambers are all game winners so Thommo won't leave any of these out.

Danny Stewart is a much needed utility player and someone that Thommo can turn to if he needs the extra d-man.

So that leaves Cruikshank and Campbell. I'm stuck here ;)

Rempel16 said:
Sliput said:
It's a tough one to call. I'd have thought Robinson is a certainty to play, with them utilising the presence of him and Lee to neutralise Voth.

Soderstrom will make up the remains of the import D.

Calder, Carlson, Fulghum and Chambers are all game winners so Thommo won't leave any of these out.

Danny Stewart is a much needed utility player and someone that Thommo can turn to if he needs the extra d-man.

So that leaves Cruikshank and Campbell. I'm stuck here ;)
personally I would like him to drop shanker for the game as he has not been playing that well lately,as much as you devils fans proboably hate campbell,he may not be blessed with the same skill as cruikshank,but he gives a whole lot more to the team with his physical play,he always gives 100% every shift,something which cruikshank hasn't been doing lately,even though they can both score goals I'd pick campbell any day of the week.
Jason Robinson hopefully will play,came back on saturday against the rays and gave a mom performance,looked like he had never been away,we'll really miss him when he retires after the final on sunday ;) :D .
As for Carson being the ref,I almost cried when I heard the news,now I know you'll say I am being biased,everytime he has reffed a blaze game this season,he seems to take an unhealthy delight in calling penalties against us for apparently nothing,most of the calls he makes up out of thin air and is made to look stupid.I hope saturday he let's both teams play their game and let's the players decide their fate,if you beat us fair and square,then so be it,as long as Carson isn't the one to blame at the end of 60mins.

James

Administrator
As for Carson being the ref,I almost cried when I heard the news,now I know you'll say I am being biased,everytime he has reffed a blaze game this season,he seems to take an unhealthy delight in calling penalties against us for apparently nothing,most of the calls he makes up out of thin air and is made to look stupid.I hope saturday he let's both teams play their game and let's the players decide their fate,if you beat us fair and square,then so be it,as long as Carson isn't the one to blame at the end of 60mins.
The problem with Carson is he actually knows the rules really well. If he calls a penalty for apparently nothing it's usually because it is a penalty under some obscure rule only he remembers. He seems to delight in showing how he knows the rules better than anyone. Err I really shouldn't be sticking up for refs should I :) You are right though. Lets hope the refs in all the games let the players get on with it and only call the necessary.

Carson had a good game in the quarter final. He called the cynical stuff and generally let the clean physical play go.As Chris says, if we play the way we did in Sheffield we shouldn't run into trouble.

ASHIPP

To be fair to Carson, if the teams are playing fast,hard and fair,he will let it flow. Darnell didn't do too bad a job in the home leg against Steelers. Thankfully no Hicks! :lol:

wildthing74

Well Carson gave us jack all in the game in Coventry after boxing day and let some crazy things go including somebody on the Blaze grabbing G and trying to stop him leaving the ice when the puck hit him in the face.Shocked that a Blaze fan thinks he's a bad ref.
We all have issues with certain refs but this guy generally knows his stuff and would take him over at least half the other clowns that ref in this league.
I wonder if this game will explode?Has been building up all year and I don't think that classless act by Blaze when Shanker,Robinson and Campbell went after our younger players will have been forgotten.

wildthing74 said:
Well Carson gave us jack all in the game in Coventry after boxing day and let some crazy things go including somebody on the Blaze grabbing G and trying to stop him leaving the ice when the puck hit him in the face.Shocked that a Blaze fan thinks he's a bad ref.
We all have issues with certain refs but this guy generally knows his stuff and would take him over at least half the other clowns that ref in this league.
I wonder if this game will explode?Has been building up all year and I don't think that classless act by Blaze when Shanker,Robinson and Campbell went after our younger players will have been forgotten.
Don't recall robinson having a go,wasn't it just shanker and campbell,we have played you since that incident and not much happened to be truthful,surely gerard adams won't want your players committing silly penalties in such a big game,think both teams will play disciplined hockey

A

Anonymous

wildthing74 said:
Don't recall robinson having a go,wasn't it just shanker and campbell,we have played you since that incident and not much happened to be truthful,surely gerard adams won't want your players committing silly penalties in such a big game,think both teams will play disciplined hockey
Maybe Coventry will wait until they are 3 goals behind with time running out before they cowardly attack our young players :!:

wildthing74

wildthing74 said:
It was no coincidence that those 3 wereout there at the same time.
There was no need to kick off in the last game.It was always going to be in the final game we meet.You really think Brad will let it go if we are a few behind today and the game is over?
Hope it don't come to that and we are winning and don't need to make amends.

ASHIPP

That 'little matter of retribution against Coventry' is exactly what G refers to when he was interviewed by Simms after the 2nd leg match at Sheffield. G made it clear that retribution wouldn't 'neccessarily be in the form of aggression' ;) If the Devils can play with EXACTLY the same discipline and confidence that helped them beat Blaze in Coventry that time, the Guys will be in good shape.

A

Anonymous

Really wish I was there today but it wasn't to be. Really getting excited now but a bit nervous also. Beers in the fridge and I'm all set for MNL. While on the topic of MNL may I personally thank all the texters Chris and OJ, and anyone else involved. You all do a great job andWithout you guys I'd be lost of having to rely on Ih update :? Safe journey to everyone, enjoy your weekend. sing loud and proud!! :twisted: :twisted: Good luck DEVILS!!