Blaze v Devils - Fri 30 March 2018 - Play-Offs 1/4F 1st leg- FO 7:30 - Chat?updates

terry hunt

I thought the coverage was very good.Professional,fair commentary.
Good game end to end feisty at times and great netminding by both goalies.
The reffing was poor at times with usual Noble antics but good to see the Blaze playing so well.
Killing off the 5 on 3 and our class told in the end.
The return will be good, i think the Blaze are no pushover now.

Could you please elaborate.
Before the Devils came out the DJ played the muppet show theme.

As for the game I was pretty happy, we seemed to start slow offensively but our hitting was up there with our most physical games this season.

As the game progressed we seemed to continue our physical play but with more of a focus on generating offense.

We looked pretty good on special teams and bownsie looked great whenever coventry got some momentum.

Still only half of the tie, but we've made a very good start so far.

Can we please sing more songs god knows what but signing “devils clap clap clap devils clap clap clap” nearly all game is sooooo boring and hurts my hands lol..

No red army chant at end of game like we normally do. No we are number 1 chant. Champiolie songs??

ASHIPP

After a wobbly start, Devils gradually imposed themselves. Bownsey was tremendous.
Blaze will be angry coming down here. Game was niggly all night - if our team can absorb all the Blaze offensive pressure and stay out of the bin, hopefully good things will happen for the Devils.

We know Blaze will battle to the end - Lordo and the Guys know that.

And any association with The Muppets has always been pretty cool - consider the theme tune a compliment if it's played. After all, if you appear on that show, you know you have made it!:cool:

Last edited:
Can we please sing more songs god knows what but signing “devils clap clap clap devils clap clap clap” nearly all game is sooooo boring and hurts my hands lol..

No red army chant at end of game like we normally do. No we are number 1 chant. Champiolie songs??
We have many songs, a lot were sung at the game last night

Yes we did do the Red Army chant

We also did We Are Number 1 (And you are number 8)

It wouldn't be right to sing about being champions, PlayOffs is a different tournament and one we've not won in far too long, hopefully we'll sort that next weekend

Join us on the bus next season, it's where most of the songs are thought up and learnt, or if you prefer to make your own way up come sit with us, you'll soon pick them up and hopefully with enough of us we can get the home arena singing them too

wildthing74

I think Blaze got off lightly over the 60 minutes as we were by far the better team and bossed them for long periods and they couldn't get the puck off us.A terribly soft pen on Hotham in the first minute or so gave them an early PP when Pacquet has lost and edge yet we got called I think for a x-check.Blaze capitalised and their early goal made a few of us worried they would build early momentum but we came straight back at them.

As seems often the case their NM was standing on his head and even though we ended 1 down after the first we could have been a couple up as we also missed several great chances.The lines looked a little confused initially as lots of stay passes but we settled and the new pairings started to look more comfortable.

Pleasing we played 4 lines though out and Batch,Myers,Faryna,Pope and even Crowder were throwing some big hits and we were playing with an edge and not allowing Blaze to get under our skins as a few of their guys were trying to take liberties as lots of crap going on behind the play in the first.

Fournier was unplayable and had the puck glued to his stick as time after time he danced into the zone and created chance after chance.Bowns was rock solid too when called on and once we got one goal we were always going to go on and win.

We took control in the second and Blaze were looking more and more tired and our talent showed.They retook the lead when the goal was off and they tucked it in.Technically it went in after the goal moved but it looked good to me and would have gone in anyway so right call.

We looked good on the PP which is encouraging this time of year and keeping the lines rolling kept everyone fresh.Key point of the match was when Blaze had a 5 on 3 for well over a minute yet we defended like warriors and all 3 PKs at one point were laying on the ice having desperately blocked shots.Pretty sure it was Richie,Strachan & Morissette and after they refused to be beaten we went straight back on the offensive and killed the game.

Very frustrating and inconsistent refereeing as you would expect them to put the whistles away this time of year and only call really bad infractions yet they called many soft ones and let more blatant ones go.

If we play the same tonorrow we can put 7 on them as we coasted after the fourth.Hopefully though we play like it's 0-0 and get the first goal so they may drop their heads.Don't allow them to get back in the tie and we need our fans to be like the second leg against Sheffield.Blaze home crowd was surprisingly quiet but I'm sure their big away following will believe they can pull it back and get behind them

One last home game of the year,let's sign off with a win and try and put this bloody 19 year wait behind us once and for all.

matbur

Really good game of hockey and I thought we played well.

Tough game but we came through, special teams were excellent. Really looking forward to Sunday.

Slartibartfast

A good performance by the Blaze but Devils always looked the better team. I did worry early on that Nastiuk was going to shut us out but as usual the Devils went up a gear and found a way to beat him. We scored some really nice goals and good physical play also