Blaze re-sign

CaldicotDevil

Haha you have to love auto correct :mad:
Well it’s Brill(iant) for us too, let’s hope we have a season to play in
Wagstaff, what's your thoughts on Broll? His CV was impressive and I thought he'll be a Bordeleau style player skating round hitting everything. However every time I saw him last year he seemed to be so out of shape and struggling to keep up.

Wagstaff

Wagstaff, what's your thoughts on Broll? His CV was impressive and I thought he'll be a Bordeleau style player skating round hitting everything. However every time I saw him last year he seemed to be so out of shape and struggling to keep up.
He was a massive part of the team, played injured for quite a while and he’d to return home for a family reason, but a big part of the team ethic and spirit And brought out the best from the team. Silky hands and tough fists, not the fastest on the ice as you say, but good vision that put him in the right place at the right time.

Wagstaff

Danny has
If your awesome coach thinks he is worth bringing back, then he is worth bringing back.
taken a lot of stick since he arrived but things worked out this season for him, but there was a good mix of experience and youth this year and Danny proved he can guide them to the results.... with a cracking Nettie of course

CaldicotDevil

He was a massive part of the team, played injured for quite a while and he’d to return home for a family reason, but a big part of the team ethic and spirit And brought out the best from the team. Silky hands and tough fists, not the fastest on the ice as you say, but good vision that put him in the right place at the right time.
Cheers Wagstaff, always great to get another perspective.

Ocko

Brill played 35 games 0.5 ppg
Bordy played 49 games 0.2 ppg
But I would think they both had a big influence on theIr team and the performance and also added to the spectacle for the paying customers
Yeah Bordy had a big influence on supporters. Frustrating them because he was anonymous 98% of the time. Many blamed Lord apparently handcuffing him, but the reality was his head was elsewhere and he couldn’t be bothered.

Temme

Yeah Bordy had a big influence on supporters. Frustrating them because he was anonymous 98% of the time. Many blamed Lord apparently handcuffing him, but the reality was his head was elsewhere and he couldn’t be bothered.
50% this
50% he played on a 4th line with Brine (nothing against Brine, but Jason stone had more offence in him during his testimonial game... which he played with a broken ankle & a chair on the blueline), and also (if memory serves me) Duggan?

Bordy was never given the real opportunity to excel points wise - although i don't for a minute think he had the ability/desire to do so, he was by all accounts in financial turmoil after sponging all his NHL money down the drain - and is currently in jail.

Broll on the other hand had some fair match ups, i don't track other teams lines so much but at a guess he played 2nd/3rd line minutes for Coventry.

50% this
50% he played on a 4th line with Brine (nothing against Brine, but Jason stone had more offence in him during his testimonial game... which he played with a broken ankle & a chair on the blueline), and also (if memory serves me) Duggan?

Bordy was never given the real opportunity to excel points wise - although i don't for a minute think he had the ability/desire to do so, he was by all accounts in financial turmoil after sponging all his NHL money down the drain - and is currently in jail.

Broll on the other hand had some fair match ups, i don't track other teams lines so much but at a guess he played 2nd/3rd line minutes for Coventry.
I believe it was Chris Jones on a line with Brine and Bordy.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #40
Great re-Signing in Schiestal, always liked him at Cardiff class act, hope Blaze carry on with the form they showed towards the end of last season, they were certainly on fire.