Black Jerseys - 2021/22

revilo

Popped in the shop yesterday. I queried why none of the jerseys had the skyline on the bottom (despite the on one jerseys having them from the photos we have seen of the home and away jersey on FB & Twitter) and why the replicas didn't have stitched on name/logo - the lad in the shop wasn't sure so suggested I contact Corky when he is back. He did say a few people have made similar comments. Think ill wait for the official launch as see if any info if given.

Rhyan48

Popped in the shop yesterday. I queried why none of the jerseys had the skyline on the bottom (despite the on one jerseys having them from the photos we have seen of the home and away jersey on FB & Twitter) and why the replicas didn't have stitched on name/logo - the lad in the shop wasn't sure so suggested I contact Corky when he is back. He did say a few people have made similar comments. Think ill wait for the official launch as see if any info if given.
I know the players jerseys don’t have stiched name and numbers this year down to time to get the jerseys in ! But as far as the skyline I’m not to sure I have brought jerseys my self and that didn’t even cross my mind but you are rite there is none on the replicas but is on the players that where shown ! I’m does this mean same situation as last year with the jerseys

Rhyan48

I would try on before order I had a xl this year and season gone the xl this year is more like a xxl from last year have gone for a large my self this year

Why the white background on the sponsor logo - same problem as the peacocks ones. It looks great on the white jersey because it blends, looks very out of place on the others imo. Thankfully there are CHL jerseys for people like me that have an issue with it

Devils86

Thread starter #31
I'll be waiting to see what the actual player shirts look like with the skyline - see if the design is updated to add the skyline in

I'll be waiting to see what the actual player shirts look like with the skyline - see if the design is updated to add the skyline in
Could there have been a last minute decision to remove the skyline from the players jersey?

Surely they can't expect fans to be happy purchasing a "replica" jersey that isn't actually a replica of the players jersey.

Rhyan48

Could there have been a last minute decision to remove the skyline from the players jersey?

Surely they can't expect fans to be happy purchasing a "replica" jersey that isn't actually a replica of the players jersey.
I would say that there is a change for what ever reason as you can see the fight strap stitching on the back of Davies jerseys so I would say that they are the jerseys

James

Administrator
Why the white background on the sponsor logo - same problem as the peacocks ones. It looks great on the white jersey because it blends, looks very out of place on the others imo. Thankfully there are CHL jerseys for people like me that have an issue with it
The company sponsoring will have brand guidelines (if they are any good) to say how their logo is displayed on different coloured backgrounds. Some companies might inverse the black and white elements or change the colour vibrancy depending on the background colour (Red Dragon Group lower down clearly allows for this). If the brand guidelines say 'the logo should always be shown with a white background' there probably isnt a lot the devils can do to make it look better. Its out of their hands if they want the sponsorship money

The company sponsoring will have brand guidelines (if they are any good) to say how their logo is displayed on different coloured backgrounds. Some companies might inverse the black and white elements or change the colour vibrancy depending on the background colour (Red Dragon Group lower down clearly allows for this). If the brand guidelines say 'the logo should always be shown with a white background' there probably isnt a lot the devils can do to make it look better. Its out of their hands if they want the sponsorship money
Yeh that’s fair enough and I understand that, just would have thought it would be for everyone’s benefit if the jerseys looked as good as they possibly could.