Black Jersey Auction

kettdevil1

Thread starter #1
Quick question.... Anyone know how much the black jersies went for? Missed it and was amazed by the prices for the previous jersies

It looked like the mood of people after the game affected the bidding as the black jerseys went for a lot less then I would have expected - there were a good few bargains picked up on the night.

Joeys black jersey actually went for around £400 iirc (it was his white that went for £1200 the previous week)

Milky

Ook said:
It looked like the mood of people after the game affected the bidding as the black jerseys went for a lot less then I would have expected - there were a good few bargains picked up on the night.

Joeys black jersey actually went for around £400 iirc (it was his white that went for £1200 the previous week)
Red one. White one went for around £700. Bought by the same person. Crazy money.

Milky said:
Red one. White one went for around £700. Bought by the same person. Crazy money.
Sorry yep the red one..and yes it was utterly ridiculous money but hey-ho ours not to reason why

Electro

Don't get me started.

Paying good money for memorabilia by known elite sports stars as an investment l can just about grasp.

Fools and their money.

Ocko

Electro said:
Don't get me started.

Paying good money for memorabilia by known elite sports stars as an investment l can just about grasp.

Fools and their money.
Exactly. THEIR money. Unless you know the individuals involved, £1200 could be peanuts to them.

Electro

It's not the money though. It's is comparative value.

I just find it odd to pay so much for something that really has very little value. Don't get me wrong I'm more than aware of it being that persons choice.

I just think it's ego's.

pjj365

Surely what is of value to me is my choice, my perception and not anyone elses

The suggestion that someone may buy a named game worn shirt to make a profit on ebay is frankly insulting to that person and shows a lack of empathy

None of us have a right to commentbon this

Electro

There extremely unlikely to make a profit on eBay or to be honest anywhere, more known NHL autographed game worn jersey's make less. In fact some of the stars can be bought for not much more.

Chris

Administrator
Does it matter whether they make a profit or not? ;:|

Or maybe that should be, why does it matter to you whether they make a profit or not? ;:|

Milky

I think the point Electro is making is a personal observation which everyone is entitled to have.

I agree it was a crazy amount of money to spend. However, it's that persons money, so crack on.

Interestingly, I was speaking to a fan who remembers a shirt going for £3,000 back a good few years ago. Says he spoke to the person that bought it recently and its in the airing cupboard. Made me chuckle :lol:

wildthing74

Each to their own Electro.Most collectors have no intention of selling them on so they pay what they do to own the shirts they want.Sometimes the auction goes high but that's the game.If they can afford it then who cares?

I have spent too much many times but it's not hurting anybody.The club benefits and the buyer gets what they want.It's a silly hobby but then so is blowing your cash at the bookies or in the pub.I choose not to do that and happy that what I spend I can afford so I personally don't give a damn what other people think.

KaneDevils

I agree with electro. Especially when you see on the marketplace, paid £200, looking for £80. Madness. But then we all choose to spend our cash on different things and there isn't one of us here who hasn't wasted money. So.....

Electro

I guess my point is being lost, has nothing to do with how much cash a person has or how they're choosing to spend.

My point is, if someone paid £1k for a turd their crazy or ego's got in the way of commonsense.

It is the value others place on an item that can justify the cost, if only a minority of people want an item and are willing to pay far more than the majority, that makes it a crazy decision to overpay. Usually it's rarity against demand that drives value.

Hence the turd example.

Wannabe2

Electro said:
I guess my point is being lost, has nothing to do with how much cash a person has or how they're choosing to spend.

My point is, if someone paid £1k for a turd their crazy or ego's got in the way of commonsense.

It is the value others place on an item that can justify the cost, if only a minority of people want an item and are willing to pay far more than the majority, that makes it a crazy decision to overpay. Usually it's rarity against demand that drives value.

Hence the turd example.
What's a Devils shirt got to do with a Turd, now a Steelers shirt maybe.??????