Best Single Devils Line Ever ....

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #1
Was mulling this over earlier today and haven't yet decided what my best single Devils Line would be.

So that's the best Netminder, 2 D and 3F.

Netminder would be Herlofsky, one of the D men Kip Noble and Moria as Centre but still thinking of the others.

Anyone like a bash?

Mooney#16

Herlofsky

Weller Lindman

Anderson Hodge Brigley

I know Glenn Anderson was only a pre season but best player I've ever seen grace a Devils jersey.

Also could quite easily swap out Brigley for Bissonette or Macwilliam. Both tough as anyone but so so under rated for the hockey players they are/ were. That said Doug Smail has just popped into my head. I don't know!

wildthing74

Herlofsky
Noble Lindman
Smail Hodge McEwen

This has been my all time favourite line as long as I can remember.All class players who gave me great memories.

dave

Caprice
Shuler S Cooper
McWilliam Thornton Matulik But how like Mooney can you leave out Smail, Hodge, Biz, Weller and that list goes on.
Just shows how blessed Cardiff has been to see so many great players.

jimmy snels

Id like to see for entertainment purposes :

Bowns
Weller bissonnette (who played D a fair bit)
Voth Mcwilliam and bordy.

I think thats got to be the toughest devils line ever?!

Mooney#16

If that were the criteria I think you'd have to put Mike Ware in. He was tougher than Voth, Biz and Weller. I have only ever seen two Devils players knock an opposition player out cold and that's Ware and Macwilliam. And the nettie would have to be Cugnut. Lunatic he was.

Welshy74

If that were the criteria I think you'd have to put Mike Ware in. He was tougher than Voth, Biz and Weller. I have only ever seen two Devils players knock an opposition player out cold and that's Ware and Macwilliam. And the nettie would have to be Cugnut. Lunatic he was.
Aren't all goalies lunatics???? ;)

Ocko

On pure ability, for me;

Caprice
Weller Noble
Brigley Martin Thornton

I loved McEwen, Hope etc from the HPL days but I dont think the standard was high enough to put them out as a 'best line ever', for the standard at the time though, they were brilliant.

I genuinely think that Joey Martin is as good as anyone we have ever had. The argument will always rage on about whether the EIHL is anywhere near the ISL but I could see Joey being superb at any level. He's was the best player in the league last year, the standard is much higher this year, and he is still the best - by some way too.