Best 3rd line in the league??

zoesdevil

Thread starter #1
Hi I'm watching the team tonight against Dundee and I'm thinking to myself that we must definately have one of if not the best 3rd line in the league? There fast, skillfull, goals a plenty and there determination has got to be the best so far this season and possibly the Devils have had!! Just my opinion though folks!!

Who's the Devils 3rd line...

Giants have Dan Welch, Garside, Peacock and the Steelers also have a good third line of Hewitt, Tait, Dowd... There the two in the league that stand out from what Ive seen..

kettdevil1

When Brad is fit...

Michel/McRae/Davies (or S Smith)

For me, good but perhaps not the outstanding 3rd line. The Blaze tend to spread things around a bit so they would be in the mix as well

zoesdevil

Thread starter #5
Wannabe2 said:
Devils 3rd line is second to none, its without doubt the best 3rd line in the league.
Thats what I think, michel is up there with the top players in the league at the minute same as last season!!

zoesdevil

Thread starter #6
zoesdevil said:
Wannabe2 said:
Devils 3rd line is second to none, its without doubt the best 3rd line in the league.
Thats what I think, michel is up there with the top players in the league at the minute same as last season!!
Also I think Macrae is like a silent ninja as I think he is another player I have been very impressed with but hasn't had the recognition he's deserved!!??

zoesdevil said:
zoesdevil said:
Wannabe2 said:
Also I think Macrae is like a silent ninja as I think he is another player I have been very impressed with but hasn't had the recognition he's deserved!!??
I agree, Macrae isn't a flashy player, he's a work horse and because of this he doesn't get noticed - but watch him in the neutral zone and you'll see what I mean.

I'm so glad he got MOM last night, he was immense last night and I was so pleased to see him shooting, he seemed to be reluctant to do so at the very beginning of the season - him and Tylor are quite in sync, there's a nice partnership going on there.

Wannabe2

So glad this young man is proving me wrong, i for one doubted him, but he has been immense lately and seems to get better and better, great signing G, his work rate and all round skills are a pure pleasure to watch, more of the same please mate.

zoesdevil

Thread starter #9
Also I think Macrae is like a silent ninja as I think he is another player I have been very impressed with but hasn't had the recognition he's deserved!!??[/quote]

I agree, Macrae isn't a flashy player, he's a work horse and because of this he doesn't get noticed - but watch him in the neutral zone and you'll see what I mean.

I'm so glad he got MOM last night, he was immense last night and I was so pleased to see him shooting, he seemed to be reluctant to do so at the very beginning of the season - him and Tylor are quite in sync, there's a nice partnership going on there.[/quote]

Ye he's like an un noticed michel! He's always skating with the puck out of our zone and taking it into the opposition zone and hardly ever loses it! He is definately a work horse, just keeps going and keeps his head down and gets the job done!!

Koop11

The strength in depth we have across our forward line up is apparent when we have 3rd line players up there in the Elite League scoring chart. Michael is our best player, and his link up play with MacRae, who is doing a lot of the work on that line (hence his assists), is great to watch. Smith has not looked out of his depth considering he is so young and in his first season in Elite League. Our 3rd line is as good as some teams 2nd and 1st lines IMO.

Up front we have no problems. At the back is where we lack a lot of composure. A Hartwick style player is what we need. Solid, healthy, reliable on the short hand and will give the offensive defencemen time to move the puck.

Finny

That's what I thought too.

It would appear that the Blaze's 3rd line has 7 goals between them?
Which is the same number that Tylor has on his own.

wildthing74

Finny said:
fanta80 said:
Currently the Blaze third line of Selmser, Nell and Farmer is our third and best line. I wouldnt swap it for any other in the league.
How many games has Farmer played?
Yeah I was thinking that.A comment I would expect J.B to come out and say.Not being Funny Fanta80 but with 2 pretty untried kids at this level I would not say that is a competative line.I'm sure they work hard but can't see them being much of a match for most 3rd lines in the league.

ASHIPP

zoesdevil said:
And we haven't seen the best of Stuart yet - just wait till he really gets going! Many more goals to come. Before his first goal, he was still a major contributor with assists, and with the work rate of Tylor(if that's possible!). Sam, although less experienced, has slotted in well on that line - 2 goals and several assists already. :cool:

ASHIPP

ASHIPP said:
zoesdevil said:
And we haven't seen the best of Stuart yet - just wait till he really gets going! Many more goals to come. Before his first goal, he was still a major contributor with assists, and with the work rate of Tylor(if that's possible!). Sam, although less experienced, has slotted in well on that line - 2 goals and several assists already. :cool:
From Elite League website, points table:

Adding up all points scored so far by players in 3rd line of teams mentioned on this thread:

Belfast (Welch/Peacock/Garside) = 23
Coventry (Selmser/Nell/Farmer) = 25
Cardiff (Michel/McCrae/Smith) = 31 :cool:
Sheffield (Tait/Dowd/Hewitt) = 35

wildthing74

ASHIPP said:
zoesdevil said:
And we haven't seen the best of Stuart yet - just wait till he really gets going! Many more goals to come. Before his first goal, he was still a major contributor with assists, and with the work rate of Tylor(if that's possible!). Sam, although less experienced, has slotted in well on that line - 2 goals and several assists already. 8-)
Smith has 3 goals already.Pretty impressive start for a youngster.

Finny

Smith has continued to impress me more and more each game.

After a fair bit of summer hype I was looking forward to seeing him, but in those first 2 or 3 game I was disappointed by him and thought he was nowhere near EIHL level yet.

However, after Voth's injury he has been given that 3rd line spot and gets better and better with each game. I actually had him down as running MacRae close for MOTM, not only has he got his physical game up to EIHL level but against the Stars he showed quite a few bits of skill to get past the defencemen.

Am I right in thinking he is only 18 or so?
If so and he continues to improve at this rate - he could be scarily could by the time he is in his early 20's.

wildthing74

Yeah he's 18.Spoke to him for the first time after the Edinburgh game and a decent lad too.HAs that raw keeness to impress and improve but the slight cockiness needed too.
I was underwhelmed by him and Macrae after the first few games but love what that line do now.With Tylor it's the perfect blend and got to be the hardest working 3rd line in the league.