Benti retires

Wannabe2

Benny certainly wasn’t the player last season that he is capable of being, when fully fit he was a joy to watch and scored many lush goal. Thanks Benny for some great memories, a saviour on many nights.

jenks33

A very tough season for Benti but no doubting he was a good signing for the club and brought a winning mentality to the team. Kind of glad he’s retiring and not going to another EIHL team

Jonesy83

Thanks for the good times benti. Couldn’t seem him being back next season. Shame he couldn’t go off into the sunset with another league winners medal.

moggy#9

I suspect that he might be the first if a few retirements, with an effort to bring the age profile of the team. I hope that at least some of the players in that category can continue to have some role in the club, be it helping with coaching, as some form of scout or simply evangelising about the eihl, and in particular the devils.

Thanks for the memories Benny. I will always treasure the look on your face as you faced us chanting supporters after winning the playoffs and hearing your name immortalised in song - BENTIVOLIO O O. Brilliant!!

Devils86

Probably the right time for Benti but I can imagine the locker room will miss him badly. Seems like the type of person that makes an impact even if not putting points on the board every night. Most careers end with a slight tail off with the stats, but he’ll be remembered for that fearless gritty approach. Lovely family too.

Hope to be back at the Viola for any return (a la Brent) and THAT song fills the rafters again.

#GrazieBenti

jenks33

I suspect that he might be the first if a few retirements, with an effort to bring the age profile of the team. I hope that at least some of the players in that category can continue to have some role in the club, be it helping with coaching, as some form of scout or simply evangelising about the eihl, and in particular the devils.
I think Linglet and Morrisonn will call it a day. Not sure about the others. Possibly Dixon? Pope? I’d be gutted if Dixon retired.

Mazzoak

Great player, great Devil, will be greatly missed on both sides of the ice.

The saddest part of professional sport is watching players of Benti‘s calibre playing through a year that was one too many. Nobody wants that last season to be the one a player is remembered for.

I see that Linden Springer from Glasgow has also retired aged 25? Doesn't mention any injuries etc so I am guessing that he simply wishes to pursue other avenues. Best of luck to all retirees that have played in our league. Wish them all well.

Wannabe2

Great player, great Devil, will be greatly missed on both sides of the ice.

The saddest part of professional sport is watching players of Benti‘s calibre playing through a year that was one too many. Nobody wants that last season to be the one a player is remembered for.
Don’t think many people will remember Benny by his last season, he was far too good for that nonsense.

august04

It was obviously a tough season for Benti, but even if his form suffered, I still felt he gave 100% in every game and that’s to his great credit. He’s been a key player for us over these 4 years.
I hope Kelman can bring him to Cardiff for a game next season, and give him a proper send off. He deserves it.

Mazzoak

Don’t think many people will remember Benny by his last season, he was far too good for that nonsense.
Im sure that will be the case, my comment was in general terms and viewed by fans throughout their leagues, not just the fans of the team a player played for, as we know, fans can be slightly biased.......

Wannabe2

Forgetting last season which health wise wasn’t great for Benny, his stats were
played 161 games, Points 153 in league,that’s the stats to remember this awesome player.Great signing by Lordo big game player, big time.