Ben O’Connor released

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Stick_

Even if Matt Myers wanted to come back, which I seriously doubt, it's a short term solution (which I know it's arguably what's necessary), but if this season is a loss, we need to be putting pieces in place to rebuild. At the moment, if we want a British replacement, I'd favour bringing harewood in full time.
Harewood has also had a really solid U20 tournament with GB. The only issue I would have with him being called up permanently would be his ice-time. I wouldn’t want his development to be stunted because he’s only playing a couple of minutes a night here with us

matbur

Harewood should definitely have a future with the team, just not sure right now, it's the right environment for him to thrown into and expected to prosper.

I would be surprised if we recruit anyone at the moment given the uncertainty. There's no guarantee we'll even be playing in the next few weeks.

I think it's pretty fair to say BOC didn't really work out, as there often is in these situations, there's probably more to it that ultimately led to the decision.

jenks33

I think people are forgetting that BOC wasn't wanted by Steelers long before he signed for Cardiff. I don't think it's very likely at all that he re-signs for Sheffield.
Yeah I agree. I don’t think him and fox had a great relationship so I can’t see him going back there. Steeldogs is a probability in my opinion

Mazzoak

What making some one have something they don’t want I have had covid my self and bad and had to jabs it doesn’t do Jack shit and won’t be having my booster
No disrespect but you are alive, so yes it did it’s job, the job of a vaccine is to kick start your natural immunity and build T Cells, not prevent infection or transmission. Your prognosis without the vaccine is unknown, you may not have had a severe reaction, you may have died, you’ll never know. Much the same way one person can survive cancer, another dies. To refuse medication is your right, we all make choices, grave yards are full of people who made choices. Take your booster, don’t take it, just remember someone may miss you if your choice is wrong.

moggy#9

Not necessarily, if he'd caught covid before his level of immunity would be stronger than having a vaccine.
He hasn't been out due to covid protocols since the season started. If he has had it, it would be previous to that. As a result any protection gained would have reduced. My original content stands.

Hedd Wyn John

Thread starter #115
He hasn't been out due to covid protocols since the season started. If he has had it, it would be previous to that. As a result any protection gained would have reduced. My original content stands.
Right now they are giving boosters to people after 3 months. While research in the BMJ indicates natural immunity could last years.

That said we've gone off on a tangent. IF BOC was sacked due to refusing a vaccine the appropriate thing would have been to do it in August. That's what makes me think his release is not vaccine related.

rolf

He no longer draws a salary from the club. By all accounts the team played better without him. This has win win written all over it. We will probably never know the real truth about his departure and why should we? I just think his omission has been a much needed boost to an underperforming team in a strange kind of way. Proof that less is more in a sense.

rolf

Onwards and upwards I hope. Now to lock horns with Colton of the yellow variant and his mates. Hoping for 2 more points tonight please

E.D.S.

This starts to grate on me a bit. Whilst the suggestion that he was released due to no vaccine or any other reason isn’t particularly helpful and yes it can be damaging to the individual, I think this shows a huge naivety with Todd and the Devils. Whilst the Devils and BOC have a right to decide what they communicate the official wording from the Devils in the initial communication was poor, lacked any information so naturally people then draw their own conclusions. With social media, people are able to express those opinions, opinions then grow arms and legs and for some they’ll then become fact. This isn’t new. It just happens faster these days because of social media. The Devils need to take some responsibility here. If the initial post referenced hockey related reasons and a pat on the back for his time then those so called “damaging rumours”‘don’t happen.
Starting to get a bit bored of Todd and his holier than thou behaviour. I got a little annoyed with his “you can all go back to moaning about us losing to the Steelers” comment when we/I was concerned about the drunkeness and lack of mask adherence. This seems like another example. Todd’s been faultless in my eyes for years now and his own personal high standards are what drive this club forward each and every year. Most of the time he’s doing it dragging the club and people single handed to the level he expects but this for me is a disappointment. I hope this is a momentary blip and not a step into the David Simms world of communication.
I don’t need to grow up. I’m part of a Devils community that allows me to discuss every aspect of Devils life whilst knowing buggar all of the truth. It’s what we all do. It’s what this forum and social media is for. If the Devils want to control a situation better or protect a player that is exiting then surely a more professional and informative release statement would of helped. ‘We’ve released BOC’ was hardly that.

Hockeymad

A forum is up for debates.

Of course people are going to mention why Ben left the club.

There is no need for Todd to answer us.

They no the real reason and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.