Ben Blood

kristian

Devils reached a compensation package with Tappara would be nice if part of that was 2 pre season games over here. Is what i was trying to say.

James

Administrator
I've had to delete a few posts from this thread for back and forth from both sides. Once again _please_ refrain from personal insults and remember what might be seen as 'lighthearted banter' from you might not translate to the subject. Keep it civil and play nice please folks.

Ronaldo left Sporting for United to further his career at a higher level, for more money.

Same as Blood, albeit not football or the same clubs.

Point being is that if Sporting had the opportunity to bring Ronaldo back, and he was still a good fit for them - they would talk to him. Shutting the door on talent because they left (properly, all disclosed and compensated) would just be cutting our nose off to spite our face.
But Cardiff isn't Ben Blood's home town/home country club, is it? Nor is it the club where he started out. In fact, it's probably the club he played for the least amount of time.

Devils86

But Cardiff isn't Ben Blood's home town/home country club, is it? Nor is it the club where he started out. In fact, it's probably the club he played for the least amount of time.
Ok...

Just used Ronaldo as an example of how professional sports teams don’t cut their noses of to spite their face by refusing to contemplate signing a former player out of some kind of notion about loyalty. The tiny details really don’t matter in the analogy - hence why I clarified the point by saying “the point is...”

After I said the bit about Ronaldo being a footballer and the clubs involved.

But if you are looking for a better example...Mark Hughes went from United to Barcelona and went back - no issues there.

But I will throw it out to the floor if anybody else can come up with a better example than those I have provided.

Ah - just before I hit post...

If there was this concern about loyalty preventing Blood from ever coming back then O’Connor is an example of how someone who left to try and further their career, for more money, was welcomed back.

Take the “home club” etc stuff out of it - doesn’t matter.

Wannabe2

Blood hasn’t shown any disloyalty to Devils as far I can see, it’s been sorted out decently. Lord and Kelman would have done exactly the same if they were in his skates, and they know it. Would I have Ben back in 2 yrs time, if he was still doing it , and would be a asset to the club, then definately yes, would loved to have seen more of him, but it’s a very short career and these opportunities don’t crop up much. I wish Ben all the best, he gave us everything in the games he played, and was a fans favourite. Exciting now to see who we sign, and another new face or two.

kristian

Ok...

Just used Ronaldo as an example of how professional sports teams don’t cut their noses of to spite their face by refusing to contemplate signing a former player out of some kind of notion about loyalty. The tiny details really don’t matter in the analogy - hence why I clarified the point by saying “the point is...”

After I said the bit about Ronaldo being a footballer and the clubs involved.

But if you are looking for a better example...Mark Hughes went from United to Barcelona and went back - no issues there.

But I will throw it out to the floor if anybody else can come up with a better example than those I have provided.

Ah - just before I hit post...

If there was this concern about loyalty preventing Blood from ever coming back then O’Connor is an example of how someone who left to try and further their career, for more money, was welcomed back.

Take the “home club” etc stuff out of it - doesn’t matter.
Ian Rush is another good example different sport granted

Mazzoak

Wow bit of a social media meltdown.
I’m not surprised, with some of the signings we’ve made now and in the past it wouldn’t surprise me if their contracts had a provision that meant if an offer from elsewhere came in the Devils would release the player.
Eagerly awaiting Bloods replacement.

rolf

I will tread carefully here for fear of offending the thin skinned. We all seem to be waxing lyrical about Ben Blood and comparing him with footballing icons bizarrely and whether we would take him back. Here is another Ben who moved away from his local and rookie club to maximise his potential. Ben Davies. How may on here have been quick to say oh yeah come back son all is forgiven despite him not having it all his own way recently. He is one of us and the scapegoat Ben blood is not. Just cannot understand all this sentiment (most of it false I think) I am seeing. Light the fuse and hide my dummy

Gazza272

I will tread carefully here for fear of offending the thin skinned. We all seem to be waxing lyrical about Ben Blood and comparing him with footballing icons bizarrely and whether we would take him back. Here is another Ben who moved away from his local and rookie club to maximise his potential. Ben Davies. How may on here have been quick to say oh yeah come back son all is forgiven despite him not having it all his own way recently. He is one of us and the scapegoat Ben blood is not. Just cannot understand all this sentiment (most of it false I think) I am seeing. Light the fuse and hide my dummy

I dont think it is a prevelant opinion that we wouldn't want Ben Davies back is there?

I'd certainly be delighted if he came back.