Ben Blood

BostonBart22

Onwards and upwards sorry to see him go but hey ho we move on. Wouldn't be surprised if a new lad is on a plane and here for a massive weekend.. Giants been running 3 or 4 short last couple of weeks and playing really well while short. I have no worries.. Our players know what's needed of them.. Keep the faith.

d20

Gutted to lose him but you cant blame him,top team and top league,.

I feel for the owners as theyve lost out on 2 Uni deals here with the players but we know we will get in a very good replacement so its just a matter of time now ,as Id imagine once they knew they'd have been looking .

august04

A big loss for us, very disappointing.
I don’t think we saw the best of him either, didn’t like that D pairing from the off and baffled as to why Lord stuck with it for so long.
Good luck to him, hope he does well again in Finland.

Hedd Wyn John

I’m gutted by this, I don’t blame the man. When such a great offer comes along I understand a player choosing to leave. I’m just worried this leaves a big hole in our D at the moment! Particularly when it’s been tough the last couple of weeks.

Temme

"The loss of Blood means the Devils are back in the market for a defenceman and we hope to have a signing announcement soon. "
Where does this leave us with the Uni deal? As gutting as it is to lose Ben, it’s a no brainer for him.
Benti took parisi's spot.

I'm guessing far too late to use Bloods spot.
Although i'm sure the cost of the MA course was factored in with the "compensation" that the Devils have mentioned.

The market is crap at the minute though, we know this as were already on the lookout for a D man but gave up.

kettdevil1

Can’t blame a player for taking that deal and actually a backhanded compliment that one of the best teams in Europe have pinched one of our players .....

Good luck to the bloke but the release reads as though we have someone in the pipeline, so I’m the nicest sense, hopefully we will forget about him shortly

Slartibartfast

Gutted. I have loved watching Blood play. I have never seen a guy come out of a corner with the puck so many times. We were very lucky to have him. Good luck Ben.

rolf

I am surprised there are no hats in the air at this. Some of the cognoscenti on here have been scapegoating him for weeks and yet not a bad word in sight. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm? Maybe he reads the forum and speaks to his old chums in Finmark? hahahaha(and I know it is Finland before you all pounce)

rolf

If Reddick decides to leap too, I wonder if there will be head slapping and wailing in the street kike a bunch of distraught mullahs? I have never smelt so much brown in a long time.

Devils86

I’ve taken a reasoned and restrained pop at Blood before for taking (IMO) too many PIMs - and I realised that was skewed by the CHL stats.

I don’t think Blood was the same level as Hotham/Strachan but he was a good addition to our squad. I am sad to see him go and hope he is back in a couple seasons.

I think what we will miss is his energy off the ice...not being in the dressing room I can’t comment on his effect on the players but he certainly made a huge impact on our social media side of things...again IMO

Let’s hope the new D man is an able replacement on the ice, not sure we can readily recruit a replacement off the ice.

august04

I am surprised there are no hats in the air at this. Some of the cognoscenti on here have been scapegoating him for weeks and yet not a bad word in sight. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm? Maybe he reads the forum and speaks to his old chums in Finmark? hahahaha(and I know it is Finland before you all pounce)
There’s not a bad word because he was a good player, and we were fortunate to have signed him straight from the SM Liiga. Most people recognise a good player when they see one. I don’t think he had the right D partner while with us, but that’s just my personal opinion. But he was very decent player and a good character too. Good luck to him.

jimmy snels

i think the reason for bloods poor form in a few games of late has now been answered. clearly distracted and i wonder if it has distracted the team as well? he was a big character in that room.

hopefully a new big bodied D man to come in. some good names out there on free agents list. mark fraser my pick! loved watching him play in NHL.

If he don’t wanna stay and play now why should we have him in 3years time??

You either wanna play for the devils or you don’t, yes it’s an opportunity he can’t turn down but it doesn’t mean when he got nowhere to go when he is older he can come back and use devils as a retirement home.

look at joe Martin he could have easily left the devils and joined a higher team but he hasn’t. Well done to him he deserves all the praise he gets from us.

Devils86

Of course there’s no question of a guaranteed deal but it would be very small minded to refuse to even think about signing him in future because he’s left now. If in a couple years he is still a good fit for the organisation and becomes available why wouldn’t we want to sit down and talk to him? Some odd misplaced idea about loyalty?

You don’t think Sporting Lisbon would kill to sign Cristiano Ronaldo? Same thing

Of course there’s no question of a guaranteed deal but it would be very small minded to refuse to even think about signing him in future because he’s left now. If in a couple years he is still a good fit for the organisation and becomes available why wouldn’t we want to sit down and talk to him? Some odd misplaced idea about loyalty?

You don’t think Sporting Lisbon would kill to sign Cristiano Ronaldo? Same thing
That's not the same thing at all.

Devils86

That's not the same thing at all.
Ronaldo left Sporting for United to further his career at a higher level, for more money.

Same as Blood, albeit not football or the same clubs.

Point being is that if Sporting had the opportunity to bring Ronaldo back, and he was still a good fit for them - they would talk to him. Shutting the door on talent because they left (properly, all disclosed and compensated) would just be cutting our nose off to spite our face.