Belfast @ Augsburg

BostonBart22

seen the game thought giants had a good game with a few players missing, some harsh calls i thought on pens, held there own until last ten minutes, reddox injured maybe, as rarely seen in 3rd period..

jenks33

Am I the only one gutted? I genuinely wished the giants well because the better GB teams do the better rep our league gets! When the CHL is done I hope they lose every game
Pleased they lost to be honest. Can’t stand them. I thought they played well though, especially without Pelech and Forsberg at the back. Owen faced a lot of rubber but Giants missed some great chances themselves

Devilsatw

I don’t like the fact other teams wish there rivals luck! I hope steelers giants etc lose every game they play. Why wish them luck we support the devils.

Our league do not need a rep I think it’s well known now.

moggy#9

Thread starter #7
I don’t like the fact other teams wish there rivals luck! I hope steelers giants etc lose every game they play. Why wish them luck we support the devils.

Our league do not need a rep I think it’s well known now.
The better UK teams do in the CHL, the more seeding points we get. This means potentially moving up the rankings and EIHL getting a second place in the competition on a regular basis.

Devilsatw

We
The better UK teams do in the CHL, the more seeding points we get. This means potentially moving up the rankings and EIHL getting a second place in the competition on a regular basis.
We get 2 teams in there every year anyways. Unless the same team wins league and playoffs.

I understand people want to see our league get recognised etc but it’s called
CHAMPIONS HOCKEY LEAGUE.
It’s not for teams finishing 2-3-4th etc

pjj365

I think you'll find we only have one guaranteed place - the leauge winner

Panthers were in because of their Conti Cup performance, we are in this year because another team dropped out

The standard of the league matters so that like other leagues' non- winners we can get 2 places

Anyway I support the league and will cheer on Belfast until we meet up or are competing for places or trophies

Devilsatw

Each to
I think you'll find we only have one guaranteed place - the leauge winner

Panthers were in because of their Conti Cup performance, we are in this year because another team dropped out

The standard of the league matters so that like other leagues' non- winners we can get 2 places

Anyway I support the league and will cheer on Belfast until we meet up or are competing for places or trophies
there own but I see them as rivals.

Hockey is too nicey nice

pjj365

Each to

there own but I see them as rivals.

Hockey is too nicey nice
Absolutely they are rivals

But rivals are defined in the OED as competing for the same thing or in the same area . At the moment we are not competing in that environment so I will support them ( and any other team flying the EIHL flag in Europe) until we are head to head for the same trophy. At that point my tribalism will click in!

Gazza272

Absolutely they are rivals

But rivals are defined in the OED as competing for the same thing or in the same area . At the moment we are not competing in that environment so I will support them ( and any other team flying the EIHL flag in Europe) until we are head to head for the same trophy. At that point my tribalism will click in!

Same here.

any team competing in the CHL we need to do as well as possible. Rising tides bring all ships up.

Possible increased sponsorship, possible increased places in the competition. all positive things.

BostonBart22

same applies to rugby world cup if wales get knocked out i will root for a british team left in , Scots , Irish, but not Englanda most welsh would have the same feeling about supporting england at rugby.

Devils86

I can’t stand the Giants. But I will wish them well in their CHL group for the reasons a few have pointed out.

And also to be the bigger person than a lot of Giants fans on social media.

We do ourselves no favours by stooping to that level. We have our highs and lows and like it or not we get judged by how we handle those.

‘If’ by Kipling comes to mind

KaneDevils

We

We get 2 teams in there every year anyways. Unless the same team wins league and playoffs.

I understand people want to see our league get recognised etc but it’s called
CHAMPIONS HOCKEY LEAGUE.
It’s not for teams finishing 2-3-4th etc
Belfast won the league last season we finished second? :p

Devilsatw

Your ignorance of the CHL qualification criteria is nothing short of embarrassing. I strongly suggest you take a look at this-

https://www.championshockeyleague.com/en/about-us/chl-format
I have no problem with the way it’s run and how many teams from each country enter,
My argument is it’s called chl for a reason.
So why have 3/4/5 teams from the same league it don’t make sense.

And I will not cheer any team other than devils no matter what..

You don’t see Man U supporting Liverpool.
Or wales cheering England.

Sorry that’s just stupid imo

pjj365

We were confirmed to CHL before the PlayOffs

On Devilssatw - my son who would (to be trendy) die in a ditch for Liverpool will, along with many of his fellow supporters, cheer on any UK team if the 'pool are not involved