Behind the Net

Thread starter #1
Does anybody know if "Behind the Net" Web site and score predictions for the Elite League is being run for the coming season. I found it really good fun last year and also there were some good articles written.
I can't even locate the web site at the moment.
I thought it might have been run by someone connected with the Cardiff Devils last year, but might have been mistaken. I'm sure it was a lot of time and work but I really enjoyed it.
Any info would be welcome.

Hi. Thanks for the kind words. Yes it was hard work to try and run. This year I decided that I would not be running the prediction league.

Just because of this nice post and someone who actually cared about it I will run it. So keep an eye out over the next couple of days.

However I do not write the articles so if you want them back tweet us and nag and I'm sure you can convince him to start writing again!

Thread starter #4
Thanks for that John.
As a recognition of the work involved I would encourage any/as many as possible/all Devils fans especially contributors to the Inferno to sign up to "Behind the Net" or whatever John chooses to call it and give score predictions for the Elite league, starting at the beginning of the season.
As previously stated I found it good fun. Followers from other teams also enter, in fact I think it was a Scottish fan who won last year.
Perhaps a bit of additional Raising of Awareness just before the season starts to get people on board.
Many thanks again John I will look forward to the launch.

I've predicted, so that's at least two playing.

I had to ask it what my username was, which is a bit awkward seeing as I run the Twitter :oops:

Devil_Abroad said:
2? You should be able to see more than 2? I've done it for the games set up - I thought I had......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Noooo I meant to Cornwall taffy that I'd signed in to play so at least there would a minimum of two :lol: the numbers are actually quite higher! Thanks everyone for getting on board - it's a fun way to enjoy the season :RAWK

Thread starter #16
League season starts tonight.
Good response to Behind the Net game Predictions
Looks like 167 people have signed up.
The more Devils fans sign up, more chance of a Devils fan winning.
Good fun during the season

Thread starter #17
Don't want to sound like a Sad Old Ice Hockey Fan who spends a few hours per week looking at Ice Hockey Forums, Videos and League Stats including Predictions on Behind the Net.......
BUT.......
For some reason after enjoying (successfully I might add) entering predictions for each week........ Suddenly this week the site seems to have been suspended.
Does anyone have any information?
Is the end of my Hockey Predicting Activity?
Surely not.
:eek: