Be crowned champions?

osh

An entertaining game in many ways. I noticed that Paris went off before others during the warm up, possibly trying to see how an injury was, good to see Louis was able to play after a long time out. The game itself got off to a great start with very early pressure and a goal to settle nerves. The refs missed so much last night it was laughable, however, that goes both ways, we should have taken a few more penalties for stupid minor incidents and certainly should have been penalised for Ulmers elbow ! As for Steelers, they let themselves down with constant moaning to each ref but got called for the obvious penalties and got away with a good bit it has to be said. We were always in charge last night but still took a few dumb penalties especially when it meant we gave them 5 on 3 power play opportunities.
It was entertaining where I was sat in block 19 as well. A couple of Devils fans were calling for penalties for every bit of contact made ( right and wrong ) of course they saw nothing wrong with anything we did and their constant whining and calling for penalties against Steelers proved just how little their knowledge of certain rules showed. So it was a bit of relief when a guy in front of them told them to “take off the blinkers and watch what is actually happening both ways” . They still wouldn’t shut up and thank god I don’t sit anywhere near them week in week out, embarrassing when your own fans act that way.

Am I right in thinking that if we beat Belfast on Friday and Sheffield on Sunday it would be a double celebration as we would have the conference title as well?

Kevlar68

I wasn't at last seasons game when they were presented with the cup so it will be good to see it this season.
I still have the scars from the 1996-97 winning season when Doug McCarthy shoved the Superleague cup in my mouth to have some champagne and he chipped my front tooth but it was worth it. :D

Ocko

Without being anti climatic does anyone really believe Storm will take maximum points against:

Guildford
Panthers
Devils
Coventry
Sheffield

I don't. I reckon 6, max. In reality the league is probably already won.

ASHIPP

It's perfectly feasible Storm could take their maximum points. They are on an incredible run at the mo...two of their remaining games are in their conference which they are top of. They have beaten Panthers, Steelers, Devils this season. They are finding ways to win on the road and in the tighest of games e.g. away against Clan in a shootout last week.

However I would say that they are under big pressure now.

Hopefully our Guys just continue staying composed and clinical, focussing one period, one game at a time and good things will happen for the Devils.

Kevlar68

Am I the only one who doesn't care whatsoever about winning the conference? Just seems pointless.
I don't get what the purpose is. In NHL you have All Star conference games like when Gretzky and Lemieux, two of the greatest players of all time, played against each other in Wales V Campbell conference games. Does EIHL have the All Star games that i've missed?

Hedd Wyn John

I don't get what the purpose is. In NHL you have All Star conference games like when Gretzky and Lemieux, two of the greatest players of all time, played against each other in Wales V Campbell conference games. Does EIHL have the All Star games that i've missed?
I suppose it’s to give less competitive teams the opportunity to win something. Spreading the love so-to-speak.