Be crowned champions?

Gazza272

Isn't actually 3 wins to confirm the league if we win them all in regulation? The first tie break is regulation wins, and 3 extra wins would make it impossible for Manchester to match that even if they won all of their remaining games in regulation?

Kevlar68

Yes of course, but the thread is about being 'crowned champions'. So it's just looking into various scenarios, who plays who, how many points might be needed, ifs and buts.

Obviously players take it one game at a time, but as a fan I'd like to look into when's the earliest we can win it, can we lift the trophy against the Steelers
No problem with that at all. Many fans in many sports do that.
For me as in when i played for teams we always took each game as it comes and i do as a fan. I never looked further ahead than the next game to keep focus.

Rich Best

If....

Manchester beat fife on Saturday. Braehead beat Manchester on Sunday.

We beat caps Saturday then seal the league again in Sheffield on Sunday. Job done!

Assuming the first tie break is regulation wins then 3 more regulation wins bringing a total of 81 points and 39 regulation wins would be enough as the most regulation wins Manchester and Belfast can get is 38.

Have Hope#35

If....

Manchester beat fife on Saturday. Braehead beat Manchester on Sunday.

We beat caps Saturday then seal the league again in Sheffield on Sunday. Job done!
Being entirely selfish (as I'm gutted not to be able to make the away game on Sunday) I'd prefer to do it against the Steelers at Home on the Wednesday! I was at that away game last time and it was awesome but it'd be nice to do it at Home this year so all fans get to experience what that Away game felt like last year.

wildthing74

I am amazed so many people haven't already worked it out correctly and Rich is right.Ok maybe I have looked at every scenario for weeks ha ha but if goes to plan it could be in Sheffield although we wouldn't know as the Storm game is later face off.If it could be guaranteed I would rather it be Wednesday when everyone would be there.

So annoying that Storm game was off as a regulation win then would have meant we could do it home to Caps potentially with a little help elsewhere :(

voth26

To many scenarios for me lol, let's just get the wins, I'd love to see the guys win it on home ice then we'd see the IAW bouncing. Let's get past the Caps and get the 2 points on Saturday first, then think of the Steelers on Sunday. That's going to be a very tough game for sure

ASHIPP

To many scenarios for me lol, let's just get the wins, I'd love to see the guys win it on home ice then we'd see the IAW bouncing. Let's get past the Caps and get the 2 points on Saturday first, then think of the Steelers on Sunday. That's going to be a very tough game for sure
Nothing is going to be easy, which is why the Devils need to stay focused only on their games, being clinical and getting the results they need one period and one game at a time.

Capitals were able to win in Belfast - something to think about. And all the games the Devils play against Giants and Steelers are crucial for the Conference title - we are level with Giants on points there.

ASHIPP

Bye bye fife, losing 1-4 with 4 mins left. They had me worried for weeks, just kept on grinding results until recently!
Horrendous time for Fife to have an injury crisis. Frustrating for them.

There are other teams that can effect the course of the league though.

voth26

So tonight we have a very tough game in Sheffield, they won last night and will be out to prove a point after the last game when we shut them out!!. No if's or buts we have to come out flying and play our A game for 60 mins if we want those 2 points tonight. We can do it for sure the guys just need to be positive in everything they do and every play they make

ASHIPP

So tonight we have a very tough game in Sheffield, they won last night and will be out to prove a point after the last game when we shut them out!!. No if's or buts we have to come out flying and play our A game for 60 mins if we want those 2 points tonight. We can do it for sure the guys just need to be positive in everything they do and every play they make
Hopefully plenty of net presence from Devils to get any rebounds from Mustokovs and get him rattled......and being disciplined and clinical whatever the Steelers throw at them.

BostonBart22

If murdy starts, our plans will be more defence rather than offence then hit them on the break....