Be crowned champions?

Thread starter #1
How many games do we play is it 54 or 56?
Am i right in saying title can be won next week against Manchester?
If we win our next 3 games?

Pondlife

56 league games. Fife have 14 left and so 28 points up for grabs which would take them to 86 points. That's the magic number.

If Fife take all on offer we need at least 13 points out of the remaining 10 games.

James

Administrator
last time I checked I think the first chance to clinch it will be either of the Sheffield games (one home / one away) assuming no one drops points

SteveKing

One of these years, I would love to be in town for both the CC finals and the league title clinching game. It's hard with scheduling to do both since they're so close together. Was hoping that this could be the year but we can't quite get there. This weekend has nothing but huge games that impact our magic number to clinch which will make it fantastic to follow. Keep going, Devils!

Wannabe2

One of these years, I would love to be in town for both the CC finals and the league title clinching game. It's hard with scheduling to do both since they're so close together. Was hoping that this could be the year but we can't quite get there. This weekend has nothing but huge games that impact our magic number to clinch which will make it fantastic to follow. Keep going, Devils!
Easy answer governor, move to Cardiff, you know it makes sense. Calgary has its attraction,s obviously,but Gods Country is the place to be. Believe me, I am a Welshman, there ain’t no place like Wales. Just check out the people.

pjj365

Been on FB providing he!p on things to do when visiting Cardiff for fans of other teams. Lived here for 5 years (having left S Wales in 1989) and still learning the great things on offer. A great City Wannabe2 is right

voth26

Have a chat with your boss Steve, oh wait you are the bosses

Whilst mathematically the Flyers can still get to 84 points realistically their schedule will most probably mean that is not going to happen as they have to play 13 games in 24 days and that includes games against Storm and Giants home and away and even then they are relying on us losing at least 4 of our remaining 8 games!

Manchester Storm basically have to win all remaining 8 games and hope we don’t pick up 7 points from our 6 home games and 2 on the road .

In reality, we may not need that much as we play Storm at home this Friday, a win in regulation time by the Devils would leave Storm 12 points behind with 7 games left and Storm then have to play the Flyers away the following night and then home the following Saturday when we play the Capitals at home on March 10th.

By then , The Flyers will be playing their 6th game in 11 nights and in the middle of a 3 game stand iincluding travelling from Scotland down to Manchester and back again. Flyers then have to play Giants away on Wednesday March 14th when we are home to Steelers and hopefully if all goes to plan may be able to win the title that night !!

wildthing74

I've been analysing and overanalysing the table and games for weeks and over thinking all the permutations. After this weekend's results I'm not convinced with the games the chasing pack,well Flyers & Storm probably 1 more win will prove to be enough. Obviously mathematically it won't be yet but I just can't see either of them getting passed 76 points?Add in a huge differential on regulation wins in our favour even I am finally starting to relax :)

James

Administrator
Fife pulled Iles after a minute and a half last night and had their backup in which no doubt is why they made Sheffield look good. I assume he's injured to get pulled so early which will be a big blow for their run in.

Wannabe2

Fife pulled Iles after a minute and a half last night and had their backup in which no doubt is why they made Sheffield look good. I assume he's injured to get pulled so early which will be a big blow for their run in.
That will hamper their chances of finishing 2nd.

Does anyone think that teams play tactically at this time of year, when they know they can't realistically win the league, in order to get an easier team for playoffs? The league is so odd this year, with a second/third place team likely to play Nottingham/Sheffield or Guildford.... I wouldnt want us to have to play any of those teams in a playoff QF...

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

James

Administrator
As a small aside, and I know no one really cares about the Erhardt Conference standings but last nights win puts us on par with Giants with 2 games in hand. 2 of their last 3 conference games are against us so we're in the driving seat there.

Ger-Devils

Yup, injured and were down 3/4 imports down from the night before

wildthing74

Overplaying their top guys catching up with them. Played a shorter bench and sat their Brits all year was always going to catch up at some point.

As a small aside, and I know no one really cares about the Erhardt Conference standings but last nights win puts us on par with Giants with 2 games in hand. 2 of their last 3 conference games are against us so we're in the driving seat there.
It might well be the least important, but the shelf would look awfully bare with just three trophies on it ;)