BBC RADIO COVERAGE - DEVILS V STEELERS

RTfarty

Thread starter #21
tubes117 said:
so most off you hate anything to do with sheffield and then you listen to radio's sheff's coverage to presumably annoy yourself even more what do you expect. one of your commentators calls penalty-kills a power-kill. everyone's commentry is biased towards now for this their own listeners which in case your wonddering ain't devils fans
Yeah.... what?

tubes117 said:
so most off you hate anything to do with sheffield and then you listen to radio's sheff's coverage to presumably annoy yourself even more what do you expect. one of your commentators calls penalty-kills a power-kill. everyone's commentry is biased towards now for this their own listeners which in case your wonddering ain't devils fans
I agree with you that he is going to be bias on this occassion as it is radio sheffield (hes also biased on sky which is for everyones viewing but i wont get into that), but you cant blame people for getting annoyed with the ridiculous rubbish that comes out of his mouth. Saying most fans would follow al queda if they played sheffield is an idiotic thing to say no matter what side your looking at it from.

A

Anonymous

As mentioned in one of my earlier posts, if Welsh radio stations gave a monkeys about THIER WELSH Ice Hockey team we could and should have listerned to a decent bit of commentry, but unfortunately for us we live in Wales where the press dont give a toss unless its rugby, football, cricket or golf. :evil:

I would love to see the welsh media cover more minority sports but I think the problem is it would have to be Radio Wales providing the commentary in the current set-up ie a national radio station. If there was a more local BBC radio station such as a 'Radio Cardiff' then there would be more chance (albeit probably still a small chance) that the Devils may get some coverage!!

Russky

tubes117 said:

It was the only place we could hear Live commentary on the Devils semi so didnt have much choice!

I expect it to be unbiased balanced and fair as it was under the overall Banner of the BBC- a national broadcaster has the duty to remain impartial, even at local level! Irrespective of the fact that it was one of their local regional stations is irrelevant, they still need to be professional and unbiased!

Listened to Nottingham's radio broadcast for the final - far better coverage than Simms on Saturday. There was the level of professionalism that you'd expect from the BBC. Slightly bias towards the Panthers?...maybe but kept in check.

Simms just sums up everything I loathe about Sheffield. He suits them. I wish BBC Wales would cover these things because I don't want to have to go through that ordeal again. I'll contact them - reference to a power kill has to be better than listening to the drivel Simms produces.

No class Simms. None.

Finny

I lost count of the time Simms said that someone was "having a great night".
It was 2.30pm Dave.

All he does is borrow cliches from NHL commentators, and then can't change them to suit the situation.

TheStub

If I hear the phrase 'red line, blue line' one more time, I may have to drive around to his house.

It is all he seems to say on the Sky broadcasts. Oh, and 'let the players decide'.

Brent is by far the better, more proportionate and less biased commentator. Perhaps he should run a course.

ASHIPP

Finny said:
I lost count of the time Simms said that someone was "having a great night".
It was 2.30pm Dave.

All he does is borrow cliches from NHL commentators, and then can't change them to suit the situation.
Finny - here's a great opportunity to write a book on Simms' cliches - otherwise known as 'SIMMSISMS'! :oops:

Here's a few to get going:

'He shoots, he scores'
'Great pass to x player, who was at the back door'
'Elvis has left the building'
And when there's aggression between players.......'here's a bit of afters', or 'he's given him a fash wash'.

Anyone know any others?