BALL/DEK Hockey New sport

dave

Thread starter #1
In Cardiff we have Ice hockey and inline hockey but nothing to cater for hockey Fans that can not skate or afford a whole load of equipment.

Until now that is.

Dek/Ball hockey is an upcoming sport in the UK with strong base in North East England, Midlands and London.

Quite simply is ice hockey without skates and can be played with as little equipment as just sticks and gloves (Netmiders are in full kit they are not that mad).

It is played in sports halls or special designed venues.

Here is a quick video explaining about Ball Hockey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnbW8TskIgY

We were approached a few months ago by a few players from up north who wanted to see the league expend and Cardiff was their top choice to get involvement!

After speaking to a few people we approached the DCF and they researched the sport and spoke to active Cardiff and have given the go ahead to set up and support a team in Cardiff.

We are arranging a 2 hour taster session soon and details will be sent out in due course.

To register you interest place contact Myself or join the group on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/498605810195370/

Please spread the word!!

Finny

As someone who has always wanted to try hockey but can't be bothered to learn to skate properly, I'd be well up for this.

Sounds and looks interesting.

My skating abilities have stopped me really getting involved in the on ice stuff to date but this might be a good alternative. My brother might be interested as well.

paulsasha

Hi Dave,

I am certainly interested in this type of hockey I have always wanted to play ice hockey but could never skate can you let me know when the practice sessions are thanks
paul

dave

Thread starter #6
Will do Paul.. If you are on facebook join the club as well... Wizard if you could do the same. If you are not on FB drop us a DM with your contact details .

dave

Thread starter #8
paulsasha said:
Dave,I have jsut put a request on the face book to join the group,is there an age limit to join this sort of sport?
The DCF will be running a schools programme that the aim is to feed kids into either an ice, inline or ball hockey junior set up ,that will feed into seniors with a progression path in years to come.. so the aim will be after the taster is to book a hall for 2 hours.. First hour Juniors second hour adults. School porgramme is due to start in October but we want to get the seniors up and running...

my boy interested in this he aged 8, how can i get further information on this when,where,time. im not on facebook so please reply how i get information, cheers

dave

Thread starter #19
joey said:
my boy interested in this he aged 8, how can i get further information on this when,where,time. im not on facebook so please reply how i get information, cheers
There will be a junior set up via a link bewtween the schools programme and a link via an inline club. That will be in place for the upcoming school year so will know more then. As soon as more details are avaiable I will post them out..

dave

Thread starter #20
Quick update..
The first Ball hockey session will be on Tuesday August 13th at Cogan Leisure Centre
We are just awaiting the confirmed time. I will update her as soon as I have it... We are hoping to get a website up shorty for those unable to get on Facebook etc