Backing players

Thread starter #1
I feel it's time with all the negative posts towards players there should be a positive one
( Ying & yang)

So here's a start

Jay has lots of energy, determination, skill and a wicked attitude he has not been at his best over recent weeks. However you don't go from being a player who almost every fan wanted back to public enemy No 2 without reason. I personally i think it's because of all the line changes Jay does his best work when playing with Hilly and Voth.

ASHIPP

Every player probably goes through off periods in their career. And Victor has a real point here. The lines have to be experimented with to see what works, especially when players join a team during the season like Ryan (Finnerty). I guess some players might find it slower to adjust to changes than others - but if this continues for several weeks, people are going to start asking what's wrong....and what is being done to put it right!

Millsey has had a bit of a drought recently - and he's played on all 3 lines in the last month! Last 2 games he scores a goal and an assist. Good news for him and hopefully we can see the return of that awesome Miller of September/October/November. :cool:

ASHIPP

ASHIPP said:
Every player probably goes through off periods in their career. And Victor has a real point here. The lines have to be experimented with to see what works, especially when players join a team during the season like Ryan (Finnerty). I guess some players might find it slower to adjust to changes than others - but if this continues for several weeks, people are going to start asking what's wrong....and what is being done to put it right!

Millsey has had a bit of a drought recently - and he's played on all 3 lines in the last month! Last 2 games he scores a goal and an assist. Good news for him and hopefully we can see the return of that awesome Miller of September/October/November. :cool:

A13D

victor said:
I feel it's time with all the negative posts towards players there should be a positive one
( Ying & yang)

So here's a start

Jay has lots of energy, determination, skill and a wicked attitude he has not been at his best over recent weeks. However you don't go from being a player who almost every fan wanted back to public enemy No 2 without reason. I personally i think it's because of all the line changes Jay does his best work when playing with Hilly and Voth.
Ye i agree with the ying n yang and the lines.

Jay is my all time favourate player. Played really well last season but not so much this. He can be a really gritty player but i think too much emphasis is on smithy and finnerty now so he feels left out.
The lines are being changed ALL the time i dont think i see the same players on the ice from one period to the next.
It was clear to see after the blunder in sundays game with too many men. it actually happened twice but they missed it the first time and only picked it up the seccond.
We have an amazing team but there is something missing.

Celticdruid

More worrying than this is that at one point we changed on the fly and only 4 players came on to replace 5. No we werent on a pk, I checked the bin, checked the bench, checked the bin. Mean time we still only had 4 players on, checked the clock, no penalty being shown. Lol. Luckily the linesman blew and we changed again? This time for the right amount. And no it was not overtime. However, mistakes can happen I guess and we didnt concede as a result. I really think we have a top top team here. But maybe next season lose 2 imports and bring in one physical bigger guy, someone a little like matulik and a reliable stay at home d. Someone simular to schuler would be nice. I am by no means knocking our team as I think potentially and on paper we have the best in the league. But we must gather momentem for the funding and fans. Skilled offence with stay at home defence and a big hitter will be nice. Miller is fantastic, rattles and riles up most players. Will drop his gloves if needed, can score, assist and take great penalty shots. Reminds me of prpich with his determination. Jay again is awesome, just going through a tough couple of months. And finnerty.......well I am glad we signed him put it that way. The guy never loses a face off, will be important in overtime and sudden death periods, especially when/if the time ever comes in a tournament where we need to pull the keeper, win the face off, pass to the d man for a kip noble style one timer. Lol.