Away game streams

Diablo3

Thread starter #1
I have only been to a few away games (hopefully more in the future) so I rely on the streams from all the other clubs to watch our guys in action. Some of them are great entertainment (Belfast guys going nuts when they score comes to mind)

The only two clubs without a stream (that I could find) are Guildford and Glasgow.

I'm not sure if this Is a business decision, or just a lack of funds, if the later could / should the EIHL help them out, or perhaps start a crowd funding appeal. I'll chip in a few quid.

Last edited:

OJLloyd

Panthers don’t either (unless it sells out really far in advance).

Panthers and Clan are both owned by the same person, and he has taken a view that streams = less tickets sold.

As for Guildford I think it’s an infrastructure thing. It’s a decent chunk of change to get it all set up, and I guess nobody has approached them to do it with a good enough offer.

It is disappointing, but it does save us from more commentators like the ultra biased Belfast commentators.

Temme

Panthers don’t either (unless it sells out really far in advance).

Panthers and Clan are both owned by the same person, and he has taken a view that streams = less tickets sold.

As for Guildford I think it’s an infrastructure thing. It’s a decent chunk of change to get it all set up, and I guess nobody has approached them to do it with a good enough offer.

It is disappointing, but it does save us from more commentators like the ultra biased Belfast commentators.
To be honest all webcasts have their perks and their weaknesses,

Fife's commentary is pretty decent, but the webcast itself has no highlights, replays, etc.

Sheffield's webcast is second to none - instant slow-mo replays, highlights & game footage during period breaks - best in the league in my opinion by a good margin.

What's our webcast like these days?