Awards Night

Todd announced at the shirt auction last night that the awards night would be on Tuesday 5th April. More details being released on the website

pjj365

If this coming Tuesday is awards night I will not be able to get there so this post is mot realy personal

But
Is it still on;
If so where what time how much - can't find snything on the web site
What arrangements have been made to comunicate with fans who do not use the internet or were not there for the shirt auction

drainage

pjj365 said:
If this coming Tuesday is awards night I will not be able to get there so this post is mot realy personal

But
Is it still on;
If so where what time how much - can't find snything on the web site
What arrangements have been made to comunicate with fans who do not use the internet or were not there for the shirt auction
It is supposed to be the 5th but am guessing the forthcoming weekend is occupying time at moment ........am sure something will be posted soon

Not sure how else they can communicate beyond website/Twitter now season is done ? Guessing most fans know something normally happens so would be looking out for an update and word of mouth is normally a good route to get message out.

They do have e mail addresses for ST holders who elected to give them maybe that's an option too

pjj365

Sheincar said:
http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/awards-night-monday/

Bit under-impressed TBH. Limited time to get votes in & no way for non internet users to vote.
Agreed

The off ice team have worked their whatsits off this last few weeks and this is all a bit rushed for good reason so no complaints

Pity though

Finny

Any news from this? I'm guessing there were no player signing announcements else they'd be all over the forum.

Who won the awards?

It was a good night for something that was arranged in such a rush. I will say I didn't think it was as good as last year but was still nice.

Awards went as follows:-

Forward of the year - Martin

Defenceman of the year - Hotham

Fan favourite - Bowns

Player of the year - Martin

Players player - Martin

Coaches player of year - Culligan

Unsung hero - Richardson & Morissette

I think that's all of them.

They did a nice tribute to Marsh and Walton.

Also Kelman stated that Lord will be the coach of Cardiff Devils until the day that he no longer wants to be.

Tad-cu

Joey Martin needed a van to take home his trophies.
Bownsy and Hotham repeated their feats of the weekend.
Culligan was the coach's pick.
Unsung hero was shared between Jake and Richy.
Hope I haven't forgotten anyone.

Oh also Hendrikx did not attend due to going off on holiday today. Nothing was as far as I know officially said about that but that is what everyone was saying.

Milky

According to Joey Martin, Hendo went on holiday with his girlfriend to Venice.

Very surprised Hervato didn't win coaches player or something.