Average Attendances

kettdevil1

Thread starter #1
Freddie Black (@freddieblack2) has just tweeted the following average attendances.

Interesting (and pretty healthy) stuff

The @officialEIHL 15/16 Regular Season Average Attendances:

Belfast – 4,495
Braehead – 3,027
Cardiff – 2,121
Coventry – 2,064
Dundee – 991
Edinburgh – 906
Fife - 1,941
Manchester – 1,266
Nottingham – 5,617
Sheffield – 3,860*

League Average = 2,629

*Sheffield Arena Avg = 5,059

Stunning figures.

The league just needs to work out how to get more people to Edinburgh and Dundee games (why are Fife and Braehead doing so well in comparison?). A proper TV deal (i.e. with the BBC, ITV, BT Sport etc) is also a must and surely these figures will help.

I note that Manchester had a sellout the other night (they'll be back in the MEN Arena in no time at this rate :lol: ).

Are the increased figures purely down to the increasing import numbers?

DevilDom

My guess would be the numbers are up due to the increased competitiveness of the league which I guess you could link to the increase in import numbers as there are no really weak teams as there has been in previous years.

Milky

DevilDom said:
My guess would be the numbers are up due to the increased competitiveness of the league which I guess you could link to the increase in import numbers as there are no really weak teams as there has been in previous years.
Agreed and perhaps a better product on the ice as a result.

I think it's also about how you engage with the public. My wifes social media pages were full of Manchester Storm things yesterday and today. Whatever they are doing seems to be working for them. Good luck to them.

We need a strong, competitive league to attract TV coverage and sponsors etc.