Are the Devils Cardiffs least appreciated team?

moggy#9

2018/2019 Season ITV did a rink side interview with Haddad on the Friday night news about the up and coming playoff weekend.
As for the reason ice hockey being a minority sport i don't by that at all as recently I've seen tv news reports on female Welsh netball team, a 14 year old table tennis player to name but 2.
Even the regular news has the most mundane articles which you wouldn't class as "News". "This is Dai, he has a tree the shape of a tree"
You get my drift.
But this is there thing, hockey gets lumped in with those sports watched by three men and a dog. The bloody egg chasing gets on my nerves.

kingmo19.1

Usually the Rugby and Football clubs offer free press passes thus encouraging the press to attend (and enjoy A little hospitality) - the return being publicity!

Do the Devils offer that or are we expecting it for free?

Need to entice those hacks in !!!!!!

Kevlar68

Thread starter #43
Not sure about the Devils themselves but you would think the EIHL for playoff weekend would have invited press from Wales, Scotland, Ireland and England, again does this show the incompetence of the EIHL not to get as much coverage as possible for their showpiece?

Mazzoak

Not sure about the Devils themselves but you would think the EIHL for playoff weekend would have invited press from Wales, Scotland, Ireland and England, again does this show the incompetence of the EIHL not to get as much coverage as possible for their showpiece?
It wouldn’t have given a very good impression with so many empty seats. Maybe that had been a factor

Attachments

Kevlar68

Thread starter #45
Totally agree with you. They knew their ticket sales and ducked the coverage, look at the camera work for the game. tried to only hit lower seating and blocks that were full.

Wannabe2

I'm not sure that cameraman managed to hit anything he was aiming at. The premier sports camera coverage has been awful all season.
And that’s being kind, it’s been garbage in fairness, along with sound problems and transmission dropping out, it’s the old story you get what you pay for.