Are our fans turning into the squeeler unfaithfuls?!

BeatBox said:
soundwave= I've made clear on other threads that challenging for the title playing out of the tent is totally unrealistic

did u not watch last season? :roll:
My comment (as I specified the first time I posted on this issue) is clearly in relation to challenging for the title while maintaining stability. We did challenge last season, but we also went bust (for more than one reason I appreciate)

Please take the time to consider the context of the comment before making a post :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

(Oh look I've put more roll eyes smiley's than you - so there! :lol: )

Why have I (and a number of my friends) stopped going this year? I guess our reasons are it's too expensive, we're fed up of sitting in a crap rink and getting to the Sports Village is just about the hardest place to get to in the city.

To get crowds back the devils need to address the below:

1) Cost
2) Facility
3) Location*

*Even with the new arena I think crowds will struggle to get above the 2,000 mark. Deciding to build the replacement at the Sports Village is, in my opinion, a massive mistake.

BeatBox said:
your comment as i specified is inaccurate , like my spelling. roll eyes and smilies are to diferent things ;)

**Amended by Big Bro**
I'd be fairly confident most fans would agree that challenging for the league title and remaining within budget while playing out of the tent is not realistic so I'll stick with it being accurate. It's only an opinion of course though.

Perhaps it's better if neither of us comment on each other's posts from now on for the benefit of the other forum users...you can have the last say though if you like. :D

1) I've made clear on other threads that challenging for the title playing out of the tent is totally unrealistic
2)challenging for the league title and remaining within budget while playing out of the tent is not realistic
goals off its moorings
if u had of bin more clear i wndnt of got confused :)

BeatBox said:
1) I've made clear on other threads that challenging for the title playing out of the tent is totally unrealistic
2)challenging for the league title and remaining within budget while playing out of the tent is not realistic
goals off its moorings
if u had of bin more clear i wndnt of got confused :)
No worries dude/dudette - onwards and upwards :)

In answer to the main topic, after a great deal of reflection.
No!
1300 to 1400 of us, turn up make some noise and in general are appreciative of the quality of the game dished up. The minority, a mere handful of negative "sqealers" post on this forum. I totally agree with Wannabe's comments. There again I usually do! Those of us who could be bothered, dragged ourselves to the Tent to witness our Guys match one of the contenders for the title. In my view unlucky not to put them away, before we capitulated in O.T. Not a great game I agree, but Nottingham will tell you we put them under lots of pressure. In sport the difference between a good performance and a great one is in the main one of confidence. Of course given, that the talent and ability is present.
Get of their backs! Give them the support, and raise their confidence.

I think the reason for a lot of negativity within the Steelers' fan base is because of what the fans are used to.

We play at the arena & when games are at Ice Sheffield some fans don't go just because they don't like it there. I'm sure the fans of Edinburgh would love to play at a rink like Ice Sheffield every week.

When we lose a game people are calling for player changes & saying we haven't got a prayer of winning the league, just on the basis of 1 game :roll: how do they think Edinburgh fans felt last season & Fife fans are feeling this season?

For some Steelers fans, they are used to winning trophies, seeing the best players & going to a big arena every week. If anything is different they don't like it, so the negativity comes naturally pretty much.

I'm a Steelers fan & I simply have a love for the game, I don't mind where it's played or if we win or lose, I genuinely just like watching ice hockey.

I think my point is, in my opinion fans of Ice Hockey in the UK should just be grateful to be able to watch the sport at all.

I've never been to your rink but I plan on making the trip down at some point this season, you guys never make it easy for us on your own ice. This season you've beat us there (with a shutout) & we won on penalties the game after.

After reading a good few threads on here over the past few days I'd say there isn't half as much negativity coming from your fans than there is over on Steeltalk ;)

kettdevil1

BigCherry said:
For some Steelers fans, they are used to winning trophies, seeing the best players & going to a big arena every week. If anything is different they don't like it, so the negativity comes naturally pretty much.
I still think that this is the number 1 problem for us. Last year was so special that almost anything is going to be a letdown. Throw in losing Tylor (possibly the most popular Devil of the last 10 years) and Weller (probably the best Devil of all time) and a lot of fans are viewing this season as a massive decline on last year, rather than what it is, a fairly typical Devils season from the last 5 years.

What we need is to move on from last year and go back to the role we have played very well over the last few years. Underdogs who are very good at nipping at the heels of the top teams and making life very difficult in the BBT