Anyone travel from Swansea/Parking?

matbur

Thread starter #1
Seem to be hearing something about parking from site and forum - not a big Devils fan but love watching NHL. I've been twice before and loved it. Would be keen to watch them frequently but as I live in Swansea, it's a bit of a trek, with petrol etc.

Any fans travel from Swansea?? Lift share etc? Also, has the free car park gone or something?

If I can't travel up to watch the Devils, have a good season.

James

Administrator
Welcome to the forum. We have a few Swansea based fans on here who travel to most games. No doubt they will be along shortly.
The car park was never free but there is free parking less than 5 minute walk away. The rink parking has gone up to £2 from £1 donation. Most of the objection has been on principles rather than cost.

Plus I think the chaos for the parking last week was mostly down to the *ahem* lengthy explanation to each car. Should move along quicker with the standard Pay / Don't pay queue.

matbur

Thread starter #4
I dont really object to parking right next to the rink for just a couple of quid - perhaps I'm missing something.

Would be good if any Swansea based regulars posted here.

Thanks for the reply.

TheStub

I'm from Llanelli, and a season ticket holder. I tend to lift share with a mate and my sister, who live in Swansea. There are also a few more regulars (GoHabsGo and WelshHabsFan spring to mind) who also attend with regularity, and I have shared a few lifts with them both.

There are a couple more too.

Looking more and more worthwhile running a bus :D

James

Administrator
fenderbassman said:
james ,,sorry but the car park around rink has always been free,,apart from the donation,collected one hour from start of game....
I'd count a £1 donation as not free. Semantics I guess

TheStub said:
I tend to lift share with a mate and my sister...also GoHabsGo and WelshHabsFan
So me and GoHabsGo aren't mates? Dude, that's cold.

We could easily add people to the pool, but the more that do the better a plan we need.

If anyone can suggest improvements, the current method is that we meet 1 1/4 before face off at junction 42 (where the Merthyr road meets the M4), so we text each other 2 hours before face off to see who's going and in what cars.

TheStub

Re: Re: Anyone travel from Swansea/Parking?

WelshHabsFan said:
TheStub said:
I tend to lift share with a mate and my sister...also GoHabsGo and WelshHabsFan
So me and GoHabsGo aren't mates? Dude, that's cold.

We could easily add people to the pool, but the more that do the better a plan we need.

If anyone can suggest improvements, the current method is that we meet 1 1/4 before face off at junction 42 (where the Merthyr road meets the M4), so we text each other 2 hours before face off to see who's going and in what cars.
You know what I mean :p We really need to jam some time.

Sounds like a plan. My sister is also a St Thomas resident, me and Sian are further west... so there is plenty of scope.

I'll have to get a new car.

I could bring your sister up when she comes too. Is she back from Cardiff?

You are right, too. You on drums, me on guitar/bass with a stack of beers... We'll come up with a world-beating goal song.

Wasn't sure what thread to put that on!

matbur

Thread starter #14
I live in Morriston and am happy to meet up to travel.

I'm unable to commit to every game, but will go to a few if your travelling and take it from there.

I do drive so don't mind taking turns going up.

TheStub

So, from memory - fans from Swansea and West:

1. WelshHabsFan - St Thomas - who is a top bloke and a mate
  2. Sianie - Pontardawe
  3. TheStub - Llanelli
  4. Clairey_faerie - St Thomas
  5. Clare - Pontarddulais
  6. GoHabsGo - Swansea (somewhere - sorry mate, memory fails me)
  7. ZoesDevil - Carmarthen
  8. Matbur - Morriston

9? Not a bad haul. It's a good crowd of quality folks there. J42 still the best to meet I think.

GoHabsGo is in Clydach (correct as at April 2012). And I notice he's a 'mate' now. Hrmph.

TheStub

WelshHabsFan said:
9? Not a bad haul. It's a good crowd of quality folks there. J42 still the best to meet I think.

GoHabsGo is in Clydach (correct as at April 2012). And I notice he's a 'mate' now. Hrmph.
Fixed it for you. Better now :p

I know I have spoken to others from Swansea way. There is also Sami and PJ in Port Talbot... and I'm sure there are some Neath peeps too.

TheStub said:
So, from memory - fans from Swansea and West:

1. WelshHabsFan - St Thomas - who is a top bloke and a mate
  2. Sianie - Pontardawe
  3. TheStub - Llanelli
  4. Clairey_faerie - St Thomas
  5. Clare - Pontarddulais
  6. GoHabsGo - Swansea (somewhere - sorry mate, memory fails me)
  7. ZoesDevil - Carmarthen
  8. Matbur - Morriston

Im living in Neath atm, likely to be moving into a new flat in Swansea soon, and would be happy to car share with fellow Devils fans :)

WelshHabsFan said:

You sir are correct - Clydach.

Good to see more people in this area interested in hockey/Devils.