Anyone know about inline hockey??

Thread starter #1
I'm living in Aberystwyth and as there is no ice I cannot play hockey. (some of you may have seen my other post about my campaign to get a rink here).

So it dawned on me that I could potentially set up an inline club. I'll probably just start it off as a bunch of people having a knock about and developing skills and hopefully go from there.

BUT, I've never played inline and know virtually nothing about it so if anyone on here could help me out or give me some advice that'd be greatly appreciated.

Thread starter #4
dave said:
Try dek/ball hockey. Cheaper cost and more inclusive as you only need trainers and not skates etc.
A friend of mine suggested the same thing. Obviously to start out it'd be ice hockey sticks and balls but do ball hockey clubs play with full kit?

dave

Gwynfor said:
dave said:
Try dek/ball hockey. Cheaper cost and more inclusive as you only need trainers and not skates etc.
A friend of mine suggested the same thing. Obviously to start out it'd be ice hockey sticks and balls but do ball hockey clubs play with full kit?
Nope just stick ..helmet..gloves..search for cardiff bay thunder ..Swansea in line are having huge venue issues so will be playing at Cardiff new house of sport from end of Nov. .

There's also a dek/ball hockey club started in Aberdare.
Training 6-8 on Thursday evenings in Rhigos Community Sports Hall.
All ages welcome and there are sticks and other bits of equipment for newcomers to try before purchasing any of their own equipment if they continue to play/train.
Message myself or tigertemme for more info if interested.