Any Update?????

Thread starter #1
Was wondering ,Has anyone seen or heard from the club regards plans for the next few weeks? Looks like we will lose another 3 games behind closed doors?
Would of hoped and thought the club would of posted something today???

Wannabe2

It’s 9days I think before we play again at home, and so much can change in that time, our club like all the others can’t possibly know whether their coming or going, it’s most certainly up in the air and in the hands of the gods. I am sure when the club has definate news on the next move, then we will also know,the one thing they certainly won’t want is to give out information that changes within a day or two.

Thread starter #3
It’s 9days I think before we play again at home, and so much can change in that time, our club like all the others can’t possibly know whether their coming or going, it’s most certainly up in the air and in the hands of the gods. I am sure when the club has definate news on the next move, then we will also know,the one thing they certainly won’t want is to give out information that changes within a day or two.
Yeah no game untill the 16th possibly. Didn't Drakeford say no review for 2 weeks? Which will include another 3 games

Earnie

It is my understanding that Belfast Giants have their home crowd attending. Their operator needs to do a rink assessment. Nice.

Jonesy83

The next 3 games at home will no way be going ahead with crowds, which is a massive shame for both fans and club.

Hi guys, I’m in the entertainment industry and run events. It’s an absolute nightmare at the moment with constant changes and cancellations. From what I’ve been told for within my industry is that there will be weekly reviews. As of right now, any events after next Friday go forward as planned unless the Welsh Government announce next week that the level 2 restriction remain into the following week.
Todd and the guys in the office will be under immense strain right now but, like my industry, won’t know anything regarding next weekend (which includes Sun 16 Jan against Fife) until Thursday evening at the earliest when the next announcement is due.
Pointless guessing what may or may not happen before then as we’ll just end up stressing. Much like my industry, the guys in the Devils office are highly likely to still be in the dark regarding next week but I’m sure as soon as they know, we’ll know.
Hope this all helps. Let all enjoy the streams until we can be back at IAW

pjj365

sorry Wannabe2, how can the mask rules be stricter? What do they do differently?
The mask rules are no different BUT alcohol is not allowed in the arena nor served on the concourse. As to enforcing the mask rules - recent posts on twitter and FB suggest it is not enforced (I do recognise that the photos may be old ones)

Martynwo

Sorry if I offend some people.
Regarding mask wearing, it maybe that people who are "exempt" and wear a lanyard are also not allowed to enter certain public buildings, as the lanyard is not a deterrent to spread the covid germs.
I had the laughable conversation with one of the security guards, at a Devils game, who did not have a mask or an exempt lanyard telling people to wear a mask. I asked why he hadn't one and he told me he was exempt, so when I asked him does he think that the lanyard prevents the spread, he said he didn't care, so I asked him to be 2mts away from me at all times.

Attachments

This tells you all what you need to know about Drakefords policy.
View attachment 1736
The England figure is quite misleading though. When you look at the regional breakdown the NW of England is broadly the same as the high spots in Wales. Cornwall and Devon by contrast are <200 per 100,000 so pulling their national average down, but they look like they're starting an upswing with 80%+ increase in a week. London and the South East peaked about 2.5 weeks ago. So with different parts of England peaking at different times their case rate appears lower overall. The same seems true of Scotland but to a lesser extent. The Highlands and Islands are pulling down their average.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/...?tab=table&yScale=log&time=2021-12-19..latest

Mazzoak

The England figure is quite misleading though. When you look at the regional breakdown the NW of England is broadly the same as the high spots in Wales. Cornwall and Devon by contrast are <200 per 100,000 so pulling their national average down, but they look like they're starting an upswing with 80%+ increase in a week. London and the South East peaked about 2.5 weeks ago. So with different parts of England peaking at different times their case rate appears lower overall. The same seems true of Scotland but to a lesser extent. The Highlands and Islands are pulling down their average.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/...?tab=table&yScale=log&time=2021-12-19..latest
You can play with figures all you want, this graph shows the Nations as a whole and in comparison the Welsh restrictions have zero effect in controlling this wave. Which is in line with the previous waves in which Wales again had higher rates. What it proves is what most parents know, when you tell people what they can’t do, the majority simply ignore you. Social Science proves telling people will result in negative outcomes.......

You can play with figures all you want, this graph shows the Nations as a whole and in comparison the Welsh restrictions have zero effect in controlling this wave. Which is in line with the previous waves in which Wales again had higher rates. What it proves is what most parents know, when you tell people what they can’t do, the majority simply ignore you. Social Science proves telling people will result in negative outcomes.......
I'm not looking for argument but just looking at the graph misses the nuance in the data behind it. There's a danger that taking it at face value can lead to misplaced confirmation bias.

The latest ONS infection survey adds more context if it's any help.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases

Screenshot_2022-01-08-19-31-55-21_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

My last word on this.

I guess ultimately nobody makes these decisions lightly. Every restriction has an economic cost and every relaxation has a public health one. When it comes down to it, that point of balance is a political one. Not in a party political sense, but as in the weighing up of competing and conflicting needs.

I'm looking forward to a time (hopefully soon) when we can get back in the arena but I also understand why its not possible right now. Anyway....I should get back to the live stream. I just missed the last goal.

Mazzoak

I'm not looking for argument but just looking at the graph misses the nuance in the data behind it. There's a danger that taking it at face value can lead to misplaced confirmation bias.

The latest ONS infection survey adds more context if it's any help.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases

View attachment 1739
My point which all the data indicates is that the Welsh restrictions don’t have any impact on infection rates.........

For example today Cardiff City Centre, shops now have barriers that control entry and exit, yet everyone in the shop is free to move around unrestricted. These rules don’t do anything.

My point which all the data indicates is that the Welsh restrictions don’t have any impact on infection rates.........

For example today Cardiff City Centre, shops now have barriers that control entry and exit, yet everyone in the shop is free to move around unrestricted. These rules don’t do anything.
I've not come across anything quite like that. Do you think that might be of the shop's own doing? I don't think it's a measure in the actual regulations is it?

EDIT

Well, I'll be...

Businesses, employers and other organisations must continue to undertake a specific coronavirus risk assessment and take reasonable measures to minimise exposure to, and the spread of, coronavirus. From 26 December all businesses will be required to put in place measures to maintain 2m social distancing, this could include measures such as physical barriers and one way systems.

But they're not doing anything inside to maintain 2m distance?