ANY UPDATE?

terry hunt

The Taormina business is a bit of a surprise.
During the Parisi discussions at Laval it was reported that older players were being released for youngsters to take over.
They Laval were supposed keeping Taormina as he was a leader and a 2 way player with the Canadiens.
Looks like a change of mind for him to go to Calgary and now being released?.
Perhaps Calgary are going to loan him out to keep him sharp.
Lordo would help out there im sure.

Temme

He's been placed on waivers by CGY, that means if another team picks him up he'll head to a different NHL outfit and is guaranteed a spot on the roster (i believe it's 10 games or 30 days *whichever is first* that he must remain on the NHL roster if he is picked up), if he isn't picked up he's sent back down to the AHL with Calgary.

Won't be coming near to the EIHL that's for 1 million percent sure. He's under NHL contract.

terry hunt

Yes after reading his stats etc he is /was one of the best offensive D men in the AHL although relatively small so he is beyond our means.
He was injured at the Canadiens training camp so maybe thats why he was traded.
Didnt take Calgary long to assess his value he is not anywhere listed with them.

BostonBart22

Would have thought the devils would be in a position to get an upgrade on Parisi... His wages ain't been touched since he departed... And I would imagine Parisi would or could've been one of the high end on the wage structure...

Temme

Would have thought the devils would be in a position to get an upgrade on Parisi... His wages ain't been touched since he departed... And I would imagine Parisi would or could've been one of the high end on the wage structure...
The biggest hit with Parisi is £9000+ worth of a masters course. (club doesn't pay that i guess... sponsorship etc...)

His wage wouldn't have been as much as you'd expect (several imports will likely be higher) but he gets the free Masters to go with his wage as an added value.

It's whether we can use that Masters for someone else is the big question - we were able to last year with Strachan coming over and starting a course.

kettdevil1

The biggest hit with Parisi is £9000+ worth of a masters course. (club doesn't pay that i guess... sponsorship etc...)

His wage wouldn't have been as much as you'd expect (several imports will likely be higher) but he gets the free Masters to go with his wage as an added value.

It's whether we can use that Masters for someone else is the big question - we were able to last year with Strachan coming over and starting a course.
Actually it will be considerably higher than that as that would be the cost for an UG cost. Just checked the Masters course where I work and given the player is likely to be Canadian, the cost is likely to be between £15k and £16k.... it did make me think about the sponsorship with Cardiff Met. If we get fully funded places for four people then that is an impressive sponsorship package, even if fees are discounted it is a pretty good deal.

Gazza272

Actually it will be considerably higher than that as that would be the cost for an UG cost. Just checked the Masters course where I work and given the player is likely to be Canadian, the cost is likely to be between £15k and £16k.... it did make me think about the sponsorship with Cardiff Met. If we get fully funded places for four people then that is an impressive sponsorship package, even if fees are discounted it is a pretty good deal.
An MBA at Cardiff Met costs £13,500 for International students.

Temme

An MBA at Cardiff Met costs £13,500 for International students.
Really does make you appreciate what we have with the sponsorship package, but also in cases like Parisi - the money he would have been paid would be offset loosely against the cost of the Masters.

(made up figures below, i have no clue/interest of actual wages/budget)

Player X earns £800p/w

Season is approx 34 weeks long

player x will earn £27,200

masters is costing us 0, but worth £13,5k

£27,200 - £13,500 = £13,700

£13,700 divided by 34 weeks

= approx £400 (£402) to be paid

Obviously there are certain things that are massively wrong with above, as in the player is here months after the season is over (is he being paid for this months???)

But based on a £800p/w figure, we would only need to pay an MBA enrolled player HALF that wage, for a comparable 'cost' (if the MBA we paid for).

The met MBA agreement is very very lucrative for us in attracting talent, if we can't utilize it this year it would be a real shame, and the budget for that new player i guess becomes smaller than it would be.

pjj365

Really does make you appreciate what we have with the sponsorship package, but also in cases like Parisi - the money he would have been paid would be offset loosely against the cost of the Masters.

(made up figures below, i have no clue/interest of actual wages/budget)

Player X earns £800p/w

Season is approx 34 weeks long

player x will earn £27,200

masters is costing us 0, but worth £13,5k

£27,200 - £13,500 = £13,700

£13,700 divided by 34 weeks

= approx £400 (£402) to be paid

Obviously there are certain things that are massively wrong with above, as in the player is here months after the season is over (is he being paid for this months???)

But based on a £800p/w figure, we would only need to pay an MBA enrolled player HALF that wage, for a comparable 'cost' (if the MBA we paid for).

The met MBA agreement is very very lucrative for us in attracting talent, if we can't utilize it this year it would be a real shame, and the budget for that new player i guess becomes smaller than it would be.
Unless, of course, we pay a bit more than £400 to attract player X - that at least is an option

Whichever way you cut it it is a good deal not to be given up lightly by the club

Temme

Unless, of course, we pay a bit more than £400 to attract player X - that at least is an option

Whichever way you cut it it is a good deal not to be given up lightly by the club
That's exactly it i think too, if we can't fill the masters spot then we need a bigger budget :)