ANY UPDATE?

So now Richie is out do we still want to wait around for a player considering we now have 4 of the original 6 planned D men at the start of the season?

RedDevil17

So you want a heavyweight fighter d-man who can also score a point a game? Should be plenty of those around...
If you’re referring to me where in my post did I say the player needed lots of PPG? I said who can play and fight. A few points throughout the season would be good, especially if Richie is injured

Wannabe2

We haven’t got a team full of size. We are the 6th biggest team in the league (fact) and also the oldest (fact) and we don’t have an out and out heavyweight like Panthers do. I don’t think we will be bullied, but don’t be so naive so think everything is so perfect for us and arrogant to say we are the only top team they’ve faced. Sheffield will be there or there about and Fife are a very difficult team to beat. It’s arrogant to say that.

We need another D man. And a D man that can get around a point a game because at the moment we only have Fournier who isn’t even a point a game. The other 3 D we have Reddick, Richie and Batch weren’t even a point a game if you add up all their points together last season. That’s a big failing of a top end team. Blood is very good but again, not a naturally offensive D.

And what if we get an injury to one of our Key D (Richie or Fournier)? We have very, very little offence if so.
I wasn’t being arrogant at all, I was just stating that the Panthers haven’t faced anyone in their class, Steelers are poor, and Flyers are average, we outplayed the Panthers tonight without 2 influential players, and were all over them like a rash. This Devils team is far better than some realise, and will only get better, we have some very good nights to look forward to.

RedDevil17

I wasn’t being arrogant at all, I was just stating that the Panthers haven’t faced anyone in their class, Steelers are poor, and Flyers are average, we outplayed the Panthers tonight without 2 influential players, and were all over them like a rash. This Devils team is far better than some realise, and will only get better, we have some very good nights to look forward to.
I don’t think we were all over them at all. I thought the 1st and 2nd were even and Panthers took their chances, we didn’t. Whether you like it or not there are other teams who are good. Steelers aren’t poor at all, Fife have a good lineup too (they finished 5th last year for a reason!) We get you love the devils and absolutely worship them, but to call other teams poor and to think we’re the best is just sheer arrogance because the truth is anyone can beat anyone on any night. Every team is good. We ran away with it last year but this year will be different. Do I think we will win it? Possibly. Will it be tough? Yes. The other teams they have played have been good too! Stavanger are no pushovers, MAC Budapest are a good team too. That’s insulting towards other leagues and other teams. Quick message to you: Devils aren’t the best team in the world!

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Just my opinion,just like yours, and as valid as yours, if you thought the 1st period was even then you watched a different period to me, fair comment, the 2nd was pretty even in fairness, and the 3rd was ours. The nettie kept them in it for me. As for the Steelers they may finish 4th if they keep their line up, I watched the Steelers v Flyers game and both were unimpressive, I have watched the Giants twice and they look pretty neat. We were without 2 very influential players tonight, and still deserved to take the 2 points, it is true that I worship the Devils, and have done since 1986, but I also know when I see a very classy team, and we ooze class, that’s my opinion which I am entitled to, and you are just as entitled to yours. So hopefully we will agree to differ.
Happy Hockey Days

RedDevil17

Steelers lost again tonight at home, that will go down like a lead balloon. They are much worse than last season.
How can you say they’re worse after 1 competitive game?? They lost to a good storm team, goes back to my point like I said no team is bad and anyone can beat anyone on any given night. Storm just proved that. They’re clearly not worse as they’ve signed an Ex NHL D man, Ex Czech Republic D man who has lots of experience in the top leagues, they’ve signed a player who was instrumental when Belfast won the CC last year, they’ve also signed a Ex DEL player who was one of the top points producers a few years ago.

august04

I thought the first was pretty even, perhaps we had the edge but didn’t see us all over them like a rash either. So I suppose I was watching a different game too. Yes they took their chances but we seemed reluctant to take the shot, always looking for the perfect set up pass. At 2-0, I thought we were done but credit to the team, they turned it around in the third and were clearly the better team in that period, helped by some poor discipline from the Panties. If anyone thinks we’re going to dominate this league, it’s time to take a reality check. That’s a very good Nottingham team who clearly debunked the myth spouted by many on here, that a big, tough team can’t skate well enough on the big ice. They’ll be there right at the end. I think we’ll be there too and it was nice to burst their bubble tonight and send a message that we’re still the team to beat. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. I believe we’re going to be pushed all the way by that Panthers team. I think we need to sign that D man/spare import pretty sharpish though. Blood and Louis were superb tonight but we could have easily lost that game and we need more cover at the back if Richie is out for a period of time and in general if Faryna is out yet again for an extended period.

Wannabe2

Steelers played 7 Home games so far
Won 2
Lost 5
I couldn’t give a toss about them, but their fans ain’t happy bunnies, wonder why.

Milky

I don’t think we were all over them at all. I thought the 1st and 2nd were even and Panthers took their chances, we didn’t. Whether you like it or not there are other teams who are good. Steelers aren’t poor at all, Fife have a good lineup too (they finished 5th last year for a reason!) We get you love the devils and absolutely worship them, but to call other teams poor and to think we’re the best is just sheer arrogance because the truth is anyone can beat anyone on any night. Every team is good.
It’s no wonder so many people have stopped coming on here when you have to read this kind of rubbish.

If you genuinely didn’t think we dominated those first two periods then I would suggest you either have no knowledge of hockey at all or are just trolling to be controversial.

That was perhaps one of the best performances I have seen from a Devils team. The standard of hockey was off the charts.

I had two first time guests tonight who love their sport, and have never been to an ice hockey game before in their lives. They couldn’t believe we were 2-0 down as they thought we had ‘completely bossed the game’ (their words not mine).

Did you not see that their netminder won MOM for them? There’s a reason for that.

Finny

Too many people judge a game by the scoreline alone.
The Devils were the better side last night from start to finish. Admittedly not by much in the first period, but the longer the game went on the more our class showed.
Missing what effectively would have been our 1st line D I was concerned we would tire as the game went on and Nottingham would take advantage. In the end though it was the reversal.
Why did Nottingham tire? Because they were almost always on the back foot to us. Yes they had a couple of spells of their own but the majority of the game was spent on their zone, with them chasing us.

I can’t believe some on here are wanting us to sign rush into signing a defenceman just for the sake of it. Are we suddenly coached by Thommo?
Lord will take his time until the right player becomes available. And he will make sure he’s not just the right fit on the ice but off the ice too.
I thought Batch and Moore did brilliantly on D last night. Hopefully Richie will be back soon but to rush into the signing for the sake of a couple of games is ridiculous.

Ger-Devils

We run a Q+A with the owners in Salzburg via Twitter and they said we’re speaking to players but wouldn’t be a rash quick decision which is understandable.

How is Charles Linglet settling in? can't wait to see him get his first goal, maybe he's being used more on the P.K instead of P.P - looking forward to watching tonight's game hopefully it won't be another C.C slow start.

Wannabe2

It’s no wonder so many people have stopped coming on here when you have to read this kind of rubbish.

If you genuinely didn’t think we dominated those first two periods then I would suggest you either have no knowledge of hockey at all or are just trolling to be controversial.

That was perhaps one of the best performances I have seen from a Devils team. The standard of hockey was off the charts.

I had two first time guests tonight who love their sport, and have never been to an ice hockey game before in their lives. They couldn’t believe we were 2-0 down as they thought we had ‘completely bossed the game’ (their words not mine).

Did you not see that their netminder won MOM for them? There’s a reason for that.
Thank goodness for this post, never doubted what I see, but you sometimes question yourself, Amen to Milky.

Wannabe2

Too many people judge a game by the scoreline alone.
The Devils were the better side last night from start to finish. Admittedly not by much in the first period, but the longer the game went on the more our class showed.
Missing what effectively would have been our 1st line D I was concerned we would tire as the game went on and Nottingham would take advantage. In the end though it was the reversal.
Why did Nottingham tire? Because they were almost always on the back foot to us. Yes they had a couple of spells of their own but the majority of the game was spent on their zone, with them chasing us.

I can’t believe some on here are wanting us to sign rush into signing a defenceman just for the sake of it. Are we suddenly coached by Thommo?
Lord will take his time until the right player becomes available. And he will make sure he’s not just the right fit on the ice but off the ice too.
I thought Batch and Moore did brilliantly on D last night. Hopefully Richie will be back soon but to rush into the signing for the sake of a couple of games is ridiculous.
Well said Finny, summed up last nights game perfectly. Come on you beauties, same tonight please.
Happy Hockey Days

Wannabe2

How is Charles Linglet settling in? can't wait to see him get his first goal, maybe he's being used more on the P.K instead of P.P - looking forward to watching tonight's game hopefully it won't be another C.C slow start.
Pure class, the more you watch him the better he looks, great signing by our Coach. as are his other signings. Linglet just oozes class.