Any links for tonight?

DevilDom

Zack Kassian said:
With out paying??
See, that's where I have a problem.

Premier Sports have taken to showing EIHL games - the least we could do as fans is pay for a subscription. Otherwise why would they continue?

KaneDevils

Tv licence, a tv, the electricity, and on top of that, subscription fees.
Not everyone can afford it so seek stream sites.
Can't say as I blame them.
Each to their own.

DevilDom

KaneDevils said:
Each to their own.
Can't afford it - don't watch. Why should people get something for free when others pay?

It costs money to show it and if we want it on TV then we should be prepared to pay for it.

Ocko

KaneDevils said:
Each to their own.
Why should anyone get something for nothing? I can't afford a Ferrari but would like to borrow one for the weekend, shall I steal one?

KaneDevils

It costs money to show it and if we want it on TV then we should be prepared to pay for it.
What's wrong with showing it on of of the 80,90 + free view channels?

It's £9.99 per month I believe
Something for nothing? Sure I'll have a slice of that. Be a fool not to.
And comparing stealing a Ferrari to watching a stream site, is, well .......
Watching someone's stream isn't illegal, only the streamer is in the wrong!

Ocko

KaneDevils said:
What's wrong with showing it on of of the 80,90 + free view channels?

It's £9.99 per month I believe
Something for nothing? Sure I'll have a slice of that. Be a fool not to.
And comparing stealing a Ferrari to watching a stream site, is, well .......
Watching someone's stream isn't illegal, only the streamer is in the wrong!
Because none of the free view channels were interested in showing it? Premier Sports are our only option which is certainly a lot better than the nothing that we had, it's just my opinion that we should back this company rather than undermine them trying to get illegal feeds. The amount of people watching the EIHL games are probably minimal at the moment and limited to just fans rather than casual viewing. How would you feel getting a few free streams, posted on a public forum, which others will obviously watch and then Premier Sports pulling the plug because of a lack of viewers.

The Ferrari post was tongue in cheek at best. But IMO it's like opening a side door to the rink and letting a few hundred people in every week, eventually we would go bust because that few hundred can make all the difference. I would agree with you if its about football, because the amount of money in that is ridiculous and they don't even have the option to show all the games live just because of highlight right etc, our situation is a bit more precarious however and there is a greater good.

KaneDevils

Good, constructive post, and it's hard to disagree with you.
I myself very rarely watch hockey via a stream site. If I do it's usually an NHL game. I never have the time nowadays though after becoming a Dad. :p
And yes, your sentiment regarding the hockey is dead right. Streaming games could and most likely would kill television interest. It just bugs me that to watch something your into, sport, movies, you have to pay extra on top of everything else.
I have and continue to use stream sites for football. I can't and to some extent, refuse, to pay for Sky sports. So it's my only hope of watching games. Also, games are always shown live in other countries, even those that K.O at 3.00 PM on a Saturday afternoon.
The English Premiere league shown not here, but in America, the far East, etc.

Work that one out!

Ocko

The 3pm fixtures on a Saturday bug the hell out of me, I just don't understand that something as trivial as rights to show the highlights stop a game being shown that is available in other countries. I may seem like a hypocrite now after what I've said but like you I have a baby and Sky Sports is just too expensive for the amount of games shown, especially when a basic package is about 50 with broadband etc. I always stream Liverpool's fixtures, I'll use SkyGo (shamefully my parents even though I've moved out years ago) whenever I can but otherwise I don't think its right that I miss out on watching them whilst someone in Asia is watching on Al Jazeera! But for the hockey I don't mind as at least it feels like its going to a good cause.

Thought I'd put this sonewhere. If you want free hockey, go to www.laola1.tv. You can stream pretty much all KHL games for free without commentary jf you can put up with an ad which is about 25% of the full screen player. They also stream live German and Austrian games regularly; I'm currently watching Augsburg Panthers vs Thomas Sabo Ice Tigers live now (first period just ended).

If you want to subscribe for all this for ad free viewing, it's €5 per month.

I swear I don't work for them! It's an Austrian online sports channel that purports to be the first such online only channel in the world.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk