Android (Sports) App

KaneDevils

Thread starter #1
Hi all.

Just wanted to spread the word, so to speak, about an Android app that enables you to watch a whole host of channels, inc sports. Sky sports, BT sports and even Premiere sports. As far as I'm aware, its all totally legal and above board, and its FREE.

Mobdro its called. Now, I've used it on my mobile, which isn't new or flashy, but it seems to work great.

Has anyone been using the app? Does it work well on Android tablets?
Any feedback etc would be great.

You can only download it from the official site. https://www.mobdro.com

KaneDevils

Thread starter #5
If you can get a lead to connect the tab to your router, (Ethernet lead?) it should/could work even better. I'm not sure if this is an option but a quick search will answer that.

KaneDevils

Thread starter #6
Surprised this hasn't attracted more attention. Oh well, not to worry. It is a positive thread after all. :Ninja

KaneDevils

Thread starter #9
I'm onto kodi now, it looks very nice but can't seem to get anything to play. Installing stuff is a bit complex too. Guess I need to give it more time and delve a little deeper.

Cheers for recommendation.

KaneDevils

Thread starter #10
Each to their own of course but I found Kodi pretty awful. Most the channels don't come up, the movie categories are blank, and a lot of it you can't make arse or tit of it. I did manage to get women darts though. :shock:

Kodi streaming is very temperamental, you can get subscription based add ons which work well with services like NHL Gamecenter Live, but all those other free streamers aren't worth anyone's time.

Kodi as a whole though does its job well, and that is to be fully customisable for digital content that YOU own, in your personal media library. (However legal the content you have is :cool: )

Sheincar

KaneDevils said:
I'm onto kodi now, it looks very nice but can't seem to get anything to play. Installing stuff is a bit complex too. Guess I need to give it more time and delve a little deeper.

If you're struggling with it, I've got no chance :lol:

Devil_Abroad

Isn't it illegal in this country if the rights to air has either been purchased already by a provider or the owner hasn't sold the rights yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its illeagal to stream and download with option to reproduce but to veiw a stream its fine by european law, or so its as far as i am aware.

KaneDevils

Thread starter #15
aplzart said:
its illeagal to stream and download with option to reproduce but to veiw a stream its fine by european law, or so its as far as i am aware.
Correct. I believe mobdro and kodi are both totally legal however.

KaneDevils

Thread starter #16
Sheincar said:
KaneDevils said:

If you're struggling with it, I've got no chance :lol:
:lol: kodi isn't for me. In fact, I'm not fussed so much about the footy and I know of good film sites. So that leaves the hockey. I don't watch nowhere near enough so I think I might subscribe to premiere sports online player. Is it any good, quality wise?

Diafol

If you want NHL then Game Center Live is much better value for money IMO.
If you have Kodi then the picture quality on the (unofficial) add-on is superb (much better than Premier Player but you have to be a GCL subscriber to use it).

Or if you aren't so worried about top picture quality you could just use Phoenix on Kodi and get it all for free ;)

KaneDevils

Thread starter #18
I ran out of patience with Kodi. It looks great but its weird, searching channels for content was often futile. Ive had enough with streaming sites/apps so Ive made the plunge and subscribed to Prem sports. I get NHL and EIHL plus highlight shows for £2,50 per week, so I'm happy with that. Watching NJD VS DRW now and really enjoying it with a few glasses of whisky :p

Thanks for your input. Its appreciated.

Another good android app for all sports from all over the world (and it has sky movies too) is World Sports Streams or WSS.
It also has a schedule page to see when the sports are on and at what times. Can also play in HD if you subscribe to it but the picture in SD is really good.
Google "WSS APK" from an android device and click the first link (www.doctor-dance.net/) and it should automatically download.
You may have to tick the "download from unknown sources" box on the andorid devices settings before it will let you install it.

Happy Sports Viewing!