Andrew Hotham

E.D.S.

What a player. A true great of the current devils team and the league as a whole. His highly creative and high risk style of play sometimes causes more problems than we need at times but that pales into insignificance when you look at his all round contribution. His offensive play has been unrivalled by all defensemen since he came here and most forwards too. More impressively... these last few weeks, he’s really stepped up his defensive game when we’ve really needed it. Like Joey, his hockey brain seems to operate on a totally different planet. He creates time when it seems like he has none and he can pick a pass better than most. Mustn’t forget that he can drop the gloves too. I don’t recall many fights when he’s been second best.

What a player. The complete player. A true pleasure to watch.

If this is his last season then I’ve been truly privileged to watch one of the best d men this league has ever been blessed with.

Thank you Andrew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul Sullivan

Just before the lap of honor from Devils players, Todd, asked for Myers to go to the players bench as they have been trying to get a message to Todd, after some going back to fought etc nothing never happen apart from a photo at the end. Maybe the plan was to get Andrew a home crowd send off, but Hotham didnt want to do it as still games to play and dont want add pressure with his last games ??
Just to clear this one up, the bench were signalling us so that Todd would say something about the retirement of Ryan Dingle, but then realised he was already doing it which is why it looked like nothing happened after Matthew went to find out what they wanted.

kingmo19.1

Hotham has been great for us - a real gem, but my No1 defenseman for us will always be Kip Noble. Put up big big numbers in the ISL days and wow could he play.

If Hotham could skate as good as Noble it would be a bit closer.

CaldicotDevil

Don't want to deflect this topic away from Hoth and into a premature "summer recruitment thread" but after Batchs twitter post yesterday it gave the impression he's off as well. These guys are class on the ice and massive characters in the dressing room, to lose this many at once will give Lordo a few sleepless nights.

Devil_Abroad

Hotham has been great for us - a real gem, but my No1 defenseman for us will always be Kip Noble. Put up big big numbers in the ISL days and wow could he play.

If Hotham could skate as good as Noble it would be a bit closer.
Noble had a motor on him but Hotham is the complete player.

I also think today’s players are way fitter and more professional and the league is way deeper.

If he is leaving then #24 will be in the rafters next season and for me I will have seen the second best player (not much to choose between them) to have ever played for Devils.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He’s been a good asset over the years no doubt but I wouldn’t be retiring his jersey.

If we keep retiring jerseys we will have none left :)

17 Richardson will no doubt be retired. Give Joey Martin a year or 2 and his will be too.

Ocko

Only one #24 Mike MacWilliam
Hotham easily eclipses MacWilliam now.

I loved MacWilliam at the time but no way could you put his 2 seasons of being a decent enough hockey player but amazing at punching people over Hotham's 4 as the best D man in the league, arguably one of the most talented players in the league and possibly (likely) our best ever D man.

Nostalgia is great but I think players are often elevated over our current crop a bit too much.